Wonder if can get full size one of these .....

Who can say we're an anorak bunch when we could say 'I've got a serving wench on my layout' ? Fullsome figure too, am definately tempted.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

It says she's used - and very well too, by the looks of it. She certainly has her wares on display. Reminds me of the statue of Molly Malone in Dublin.

MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Ah, well that's something to take a look at - going there next month for a couple of days.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Two of them, actually!

Enjoy! No trip to Dublin is complete without a visit to the Tart with the Cart. Just go down O'Connell St, cross the Liffey bridge, a short walk down Westmoreland St and Grafton St, and there she is in all her glory in front of Trinity College.

Click photo to enlarge!

Reply to
MartinS

I don't know if you can get your serving wench full size, painting it could damage your eyesight, but an artist has created a statue of Angelina Jolie breast feeding both of her twin babies called 'Landmark For Breastfeeding'.

One of the most interesting is @ Juliet's ( of Romeo and Juliet fame ) House @ Casa di Giulietta, Verona, Italy.

Note how the statue looks very polished below her neck ! That's because it's considered lucky to touch her breast ! It did not give her & Romeo much luck :-(

Beware Simon you may get one of these :-

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

No chance, much as appreciate AJ, not really in favour of modern art so wouldnt go near that. Roman lady is nice but a bit flat - all that rubbing perhaps. No way am getting another mother in law thank you.

Now Molley Malone, she is definately a model worth visiting ! There werent any such comforts when I was a student in the 70's, but then I was north of the border and only visited Dublin briefly (once by train).

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon