Anyone Got One of These?

Hi
I found this cool puppy - anyone else seen it or have one?
http://www.robotshop.ca/c243309p16554138.2.html
:-]
Cheers
Dale
Dale Stewart wrote:

The Joinmax product line seems to get little coverage. I don't know why. Some of their kits have been out for almost two years now. Imported from China or Taiwan. The US distributor is here:
http://www.mciirobot.com/
and they provide some additional info on the kits, including downloadable user manuals, allowing you to read before you buy.
Or, if you understand Chinese, the manufacturer's Web site...
http://www.robotplayer.com /
If you get one, howsabout writing up a review and posting it!
-- Gordon
Gordon McComb wrote:

I wish...I am just building my first robot with Tamiya kits (tracks, twin motors, etc) and am just a beginner. That will take me the rest of the year I figure.
WAY too advanced for me.
:-[
Cheers
Dale

not too advanced...
You are being intimidated by what would turn out to be easy and fun if you got into it.
Rich
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Rich
Thanks for the confidence booster !
Yeah, it would be HEAPS fun and really cool! Did you check out the videos?
Imagine the hacks that could be done...like the Robosapien competition in Servo magazine. It is not cheap, but a lot less expensive than other doggy-bots.
The torso looks like it may have enough room for a stock controller board...would have to check that out.
OK, maybe I will get one at the end of the year, and it can be my summer break project. By that stage I will have my first robot complete, and have developed the skills to progress to this puppy.
I could possibly use it for one of the advanced subjects later in my TAFE course, "Microcontroller Project". That would be an easy way to get one subject finished ;-)
: -]
Cheers
Dale