Audio of full size planes/engines

I was just reading a bit about the Hawker Typhoon with its 24 cylinder engine.

Does anyone know of any audio clips of this engine running? TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

And, as I recall, it was in an "H" layout. It was known to backfire on start up and set the pooled gasoline a fire in its stacks. This would run down the side of the engine.

There was a guy standing by with a fire-extinguisher for this reason.

I remember that some pilot had the following painted on the side of his Typhoon.."In case of a flare up at start, do not wave and run in circles -- put the bloody thing OUT!"

Shuttle worth Collection maybe. I know they have engine sounds on CD and they have a flying Typhoon. I have seen their cut-away of the Typhoon engine. I couldn't make heads or tails of it...it looked like it had crankshaves, pistons, push rods, running all sorts of directions and places.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Cashion

Unfortunately Shuttleworth don't have a flying Typhoon. At present the only examples are static and I don't think that there are any running examples of the Sabre engine.

Jim Gill Dundee Model Aircraft Club

Jim Gill

Oops! I guess I was remembering some old press hype and I figured it had happened by now. Thanks.

Well, I was right that the engine was strange looking. I hope the cut-away was at Old Warden...I know I saw one over there.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Cashion

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Ed. I'll post them on a binary or test group - you name it.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Thanks, Ed.

Send .wav or .mp3 files as attachments attached to the email address, please. Just substitute "th" for "ff". Thanks a bunch.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

This isn't what you wanted, but still...

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Thanks Geoff! It'll take weeks to explore the links to links to links :-o)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Reply to
Keith S.