Parts

Does anyone remember a company called "Century Detail Parts" and who might have the molds now?

Reply to
Jon Miller

Walther's was buying up small companies like that for a while so they may have them. As I recall, all of the parts were of low temp metal so I'd suspect that the molds may have been silicone ones which means a lot of hand work to make the parts.

-- Bob May

Bob May

Bob, You are probably correct. I'm assuming the molds were those big silicone wheels that were spun. What Rio Grande does to cast their parts. The parts were quite good and very clean. I was looking for a switch motor and notice that Bowser does it in their Selley line however Selley was famous for copying parts.

Reply to
Jon Miller

The Selley part is probably from the '50s and is probably oversized.

-- Bob May

Bob May