Where can you get these?

wrote:

And "buck and wing" is no longer a species of Contemporary Yank English. ;o)

As I was largely unaware that they ever were (exception: buck = dollar) it's no great loss to me that they are no longer contemporary there.
Regards, Greg.P. (what's you current PC term for Negros?)

Let's see: it's been used here a number of times in just the last few days which means......yes.......that's right: it's perfectly contemporary.
(That *is* what "contemporary" means, you know...)

Let's see: it's been used here a number of times in just the last few days which means......yes.......that's right: it's perfectly contemporary.
(That *is* what "contemporary" means, you know...)
Not really ...

Bets?
contemporary: adj. 1. Belonging to the same period of time: a fact documented by two contemporary sources. 2. Of about the same age. 3. Current; modern.
Note #3 and bite your tongue.
(Besides; how can you deny it? That's exactly how *you* were using the word, silly person!)

Bets?
contemporary: adj. 1. Belonging to the same period of time: a fact documented by two contemporary sources. 2. Of about the same age. 3. Current; modern.
Note #3 and bite your tongue.
(Besides; how can you deny it? That's exactly how *you* were using the word, silly person!)
The phrase is neither current nor modern.

Alas, despite your egalitarian ideals, I think I shall continue to write as I wish, rather than writing down to your level so as to make you more comfortable.
Now: If at some point you should ever find yourself sitting in an office with the word "EDITOR" printed on the door, and you discover a manuscript of mine sitting on your desk, you'll be more than welcome to make suggestions.
But up until then, I fear I'll have to use my background as a writer as a basis for deciding what to say and how to say it, rather then relying upon your qualifications as a volunteer net-nanny.
Thanks, but no thanks.

wow, I enjoyed that, but being the simple person I am, I'd just say F Y :-)

Alas, despite your egalitarian ideals, I think I shall continue to write as I wish, rather than writing down to your level so as to make you more comfortable. ==========================================================You really need to get a life!
LD wrote:

twibil? life? mutually exclusive.
next you'll be telling Greg P to use his brains, which is even more implausible.

===================================>> You really need to get a life!

That's just your jealousy at missing out on your quota at birth.

BU-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! And *he* claims to be the one who understands everything!
Classic "whoosh".

I do not claim to understand "everything". I certainly wouldn't claim to understand incomprehensible people such as you. Your claim is your very own "whoosh".
Regards, Greg.P.

If you intended irony, you failed. "Not everyone is as old as you" isn't an ironic phrase because I *am* old, and it's perfectly *true* that not everyone is as old as I am.
But "irony" means "The use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning; a statement or situation where the meaning is contradicted by the appearance or presentation of the idea.", and there was no implication that you actually meant the opposite of what you posted.

My, how judgemental of you.

Tested out at 168 the last time they ran me through the Stanford-Binet IQ tests, Ray.
Remember the bit above concerning "truth"? (Oh well, apparently not. Shrug.)
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:44:42 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

Oh, dear. Anyone bragging about their IQ is always found to be lying. Not only that but it proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are indeed stupid.

You are a breeding ground of laughs for the fans of irony, mate. Don't ever change. -- Ray

Poor baby: anyone redefining words to suit themselves gets labeled a "revisionist" at best, and then people invariably point out Lewis Carrol's Humpty-Dumpty quote to them, which must be embarassing if you happen to be British and style yourself literate as well.
"Boasting" it would be if I was making an unprovoked claim out of sheer pride, but when you accuse me of being "stupid" and I reply by squashing you with the hard facts, it's neither "boasting" nor unprovoked.
The fact that you stuck your own balls into the crusher and then pushed the "on" button to see what would happen is not my problem, nor do I feel sorry for your hurt, um, feelings.

Sure, Ray. And in your own mind you've "won" this the same way you "win" all of your disagreements: by lying, resolutely refusing to recognise reality, and insisting on getting in the last post, no matter what.
As Dave N. would say "How's that working out for you?"
Shrug.
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:51:38 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

Well, you ARE stupid. More so in trying to prove you're not. Don't you see the irony in all that? What am I asking? There's not a chance you could ever see it.

Speaking of lying, mate. How about that IQ test? Ever seen one?

Do tell. Where's your IQ test?

Ah, the one headed salute. Must not be from Arkansas. -- Ray

Of course. You said so. And in your odd little world that apparently makes *anything* true.

Er, Ray, although I dropped out of college to become a musician long before I took my Master's degree, my major was psychology and I spent quite a bit of time working with various sorts of the mentally ill at Patton State Hospital. (Lovely spot.)
http://www.dmh.ca.gov/Services_and_Programs/State_Hospitals/Patton/default.asp
As a result, I know *exactly* what I'm seeing here.
Ta-ta, Poopsie, you "win" again.
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 00:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

LOL
Serious denial, more bragging and plenty of lies from you. No surprise there. Being a patient there doesn't allow you to put it on your CV. -- Ray