Where can I get...

I am looking for spring wavy washers and all my local hardware shops keep offering me are "shake-proof". I am after 8mm - 5/16" inside bore. I am sure
that I have seen these made from copper alloy. Any suggestions for small quantity (dozen) supplier?
DaveC wrote:

Are those the "crinkle washers?"
<http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search2/browse.jsp?NP0015&Ntk=gensearch_001&Ntt=crinkle+washers+copper&Ntx=&_requestidw7315
not stocked in M8 tho...
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.

Beryllium Copper probably, plain copper would just go flat.
I know we can get most crinkle washers from our local people, in Stainless as well as plated steel. If M8 are OK I'll ask one day in the week. I am out most of tomorrow so won't be able to call them. We may even have some, I cannot remember which sizes we have on the rack.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

sure
Search in EYP for a fixings stockholder near you. Wave washers are a bit special for a local h/w store to stock. I expect you will have to take 100 pcs minimum unless you can scrounge enough as samples. We used to keep them at work but sadly the accountants have been in and anything but the basics are no longer stocked.
Good luck
Bob

EKP list soft copper 0.012" thick (pkt of 10) <http://www.ekp.supplies.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm
--
Mike Hopkins
CSME <http://www.cheltsme.org.uk>

Called our local guys this morning, they stock 2mm up to 12mm in Beryllium Copper and Stainless Steel.
Alfast Engineering Supplies
01582 418498, ask for Keith.
We have an account so if you want a few rather than a truckload we can get what you need and send it on.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel