Can ayone tell me where I can buy 3mm o/d soft copper tube (Mamod stream engine type)

I am looking for a supplier of 3mm o/d soft copper tube of the style that was used on Mamod Traction engines and toys.

Can anyone suggest a supplier?

Reply to
Peter

Model shops tend to stock this in 12inch(?) lengths. IIRC it's "K&S" brand who provide bits of sheet and tube in copper, ally and brass.

Anyone know where I can get a short length of brass or copper tube, 2-1/2 inch diameter to make a low pressure steam boiler?

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Got any old refill tubes for fire extinguisher's. the old Halon type.? They are copper.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Thanks John, I'll keep an eye open. There's quite a few office re-furbs going on and I bet the comms rooms use Halon extinguishers.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Have you tried your local PlumbCenter or equivalent? I bought an offcut of two-inch and the chap said they had three-inch as well.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Thanks Ken, we do have a Plumb Center close by. I'll go and ask!

Regards

Steve .

Reply to
Steve