Air scoops, where can I get them?

Have a cowl that is not quite wide enough for a twin cylinder engine, the spark plugs will stick out about 3/8 inches on each side and would like to find some streamlined "bubbles/air scoops" that I could put over the holes to make it look clean, any idea where I can find some? Any other ideas as to what could be done to make it look good with out making them from scratch?

thanks,

flierbk

Reply to
Flierbk

Bubbles use wheel pants.

Scoops use tips from fireworks sky rockets.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

| Have a cowl that is not quite wide enough for a twin cylinder engine, the | spark plugs will stick out about 3/8 inches on each side and would like to | find some streamlined "bubbles/air scoops" that I could put over the holes | to make it look clean, any idea where I can find some? Any other ideas as | to what could be done to make it look good with out making them from | scratch?

I don't know if it's good enough, but it's pretty easy to make something out of a plastic spoon ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Do they still sell womens stockings in those plastic egg shaped containers? IIRC they split down the middle nicely and form the bubble you need (or at least something you can modify or fibreglass copy).

Reply to
The Raven

Any purveyor of plastic spoons should have what you want...if you are worried about heat, lay up glass fibre in the bowl and use that instead.

Smaller modeles may use pen tops sliced in half.

Or go to wal mart and look for some load of crap packaged in a blister pack and use the pack and scrap the goods.

Any other ideas as

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Whoops, was think this was rec.aviation.restoration.

"3/8 inches" made me think 1:1, I guess you may be talking R/C.

Reply to
The Raven

The neck of some small tapering plastic bottle comes to to mind. Something like a gasoline treatment product bottle or such.

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

I shape mine from the foam used for flower vases (usually green and VERY easy to sand and shape), then lay up over it with thin cloth and epoxy resin. Then bond to cowl, sand smooth with filler, paint, and fly. That's way too easy to try to avoid the process.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

they have some ABS cowl blisters, might be worth looking at.

Reply to
Eric