Looking for a 10dB Boost in S/N

How about some recommendations for a newsreaders with really solid filtering capability?

Al Gloer

I use the registered version of Agent by Forte. There is also "Free" Agent but it doesn't allow filtering. I can filter by author or subject. It can be set locally (per newsgroup) or globally.

I like it a lot. It seems to do very well with binary re-assemblies as well. Sometimes if a video or a photo is incomplete, it will allow you to combine the remaining parts anyway and at least see part of what was intended. That works well for me as I don't always get to abmr in time to get a particular post.

Len Bryan

Reply to
Len Bryan

What does a 10dB boost in S/N ratio have to do with a newsgroup reader??? This is a RF parameter.

Reply to
Jeff Grey

It was a mild (and apparently unsuccessful) attempt at humor. I was trying to say that I needed a news reader that is better than Outlook Express to handle garbage filtering.

Reply to
Al Gloer

I think Al is trying to impress people that he had physics or engineering classes at some point in his life ...

Al here's a clue:

Most the NERDS in this group have an engineering, or science degress, excluding Skippy the rabid roo. He has NO letters after his name, but if you let him tell it, he invented everything to do with rocketry ... silly rabid wife beating roo ...

Reply to
Beatle Man

I use Newsrover, and it has some pretty involved filters. I hardly ever use them, but they are there.

Reply to
Jason

Signal to noise ratio is often used to express the ratio of desirable to undesirable posts on newsgroups.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Forte.

Reply to
Mark

Gravity. Just be sure to get those and/or statements correct...

Reply to
Kurt Kesler