New Strength of materials Testing

OK, I put it up on

under temperature testing. There is more work to be done, but it's up.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

How frangible does frangible need to be in order for 10 lbs of rocket to break apart upon hitting a human? And still be capable of withstanding flight stress? Frangible rocket that won't hurt anyone upon impact and a L1860...I don't see that combination being viable.

I thought we beat this horse into puree long ago?

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

White glue or contact cement. Maybe NAR and TRA can add that to NFPA-1127 :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which glue is best to let the rocket fall apart when it hits a human?

Joel. phx

;)

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Magical adhesive that is stronger than epoxy with a speed/proximity to human being release feature.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Some epoxies are very strong but very brittle.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

tabs in slots with a dab of post-it adhesive would about do it

- iz

Kurt Kesler wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

What? No insults, comments?

(tap, tap, tap, is this thing on?)

Reply to
Doc

on the temperature test page, the graphic link below the text starting with "All measurements were taken ..." and above the text starting with "The test was started at ..." is broken

the link which the graph icon, with a caption "Click here for graph", points to when clicked does not render in NS 7.1. Can you make this a JPG?

the same is true for the next graph

and the Brittleness section is incomplete

sorry you asked, eh? ;o)

- iz

Doc wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

The stuff 3M uses on the back of post-its. ZOr we can build all of our rockets like the "crash cars" we had as kids. THe ones that fell apart whenever they hit anything. Like the extes cato.

Bob Kaplow

Right click and save link to desktop. Open from there.

Reply to
DaveL

Then the link text should say something as a user interface issue

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

d0h,

IMnsHO, that is insufficiently user friendly

- iz

DaveL wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Thanks IZ. I appreciate it. I just fixed everything you mentioned.

Doc

Reply to
Doc

That's an invitation to find more!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It sure is! As you can see, I'm a hack at html. (hack as in suck) ;-) I really want to put up a whole new site. One that actualy works and is user freandly.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

some deleted

I thought the Right to Keep and Bear Arms came from the Constitution; the reason to do so came from the Declaration of Independence. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Or as someone put it, "they put the second amendment in the Bill of Rights just in case the government didn't obey the other nine."

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Actually from the "Bill of Rights", the first 10 ammendments to the constitution...

Bob Kaplow

Yes Bob, I'm familiar with the document in question....Geez!

Mark Simpson