NYPOWER Hybrid Fill Stamps, Seminar

I hope y'all on the East Coast can make it to NYPOWER over the Fourth of July weekend. Plenty of hybrid GSE will be available. Our friends
from the Skybusters club will be there, and if it's anything like previous years, they will be happily lobbing LOC Magnums with HyperTEK K250s. Love that combination.
We're trying something new to handle N2O supplies: you buy a "fill stamp" for the motor you're flying, and stick it on the flight card. MARS has finalized the prices and I've put the stamps into my ecommerce web site for pre-orders. There's a substantial discount for ordering before the launch. We'll see how this works; it's a start at using some of the "lessons learned" from LDRS. I'm very hopeful. (http://www.pratthobbies.com/proddetail.asp?prod=NYP-FILL )
Sunday morning, we plan to have a Hybrid Seminar on the field, a get-together where we can listen to the gurus like Todd Moore and Marty Dorociak (and I might say something too, if my arm is twisted). It'll be more than a lecture, I gor-an-tee; a brainstorming session will be more like it. Should be a great time.
I will definitely have a Contrail motor to show, and I hope to fly it; I've got an L1222 Sparky on the way, and am finishing off a fiberglass 6-inch diameter Tomahawk (what else?) to fly it in. Two coats of paint are on the beast and the motor mount and engine retention are done. Next is the electronics bay (G-Wiz Deluxe 800, with G-Wiz Standard for backup apogee deployment, plus one of Ivan's new high data rate CANSATs to return some serious data and act as RDF). This is the Performance Rocketry Tomahawk, and that fin can is gorgeous...I can't wait to see this thing on the rail. This year, by jingo, I'm gonna fly something instead of admiring everyone else's flights!
snipped-for-privacy@rocketryonline.com wrote:

How do you plan to handle the cases where the N2O has to be dumped? That was one of the issues at LDRS - where there were several M's that got dumped due to one reason or another - and were not paid for! In other words will the flyer have to purchase more N2O for additional attempts? In which case you're going to have to require a NEW flight card. And what if the dump is due to a support equipment fault - will the flyer get a free refill?
Doug C.
We worked out the prices to factor in the cost of one dump. After that, if it's the GSE's fault you are not charged for another fill.
Just to chime in here and amplify on Doug's reply. The prices include 'dump insurance'. Not everyflight will dump but there is probability that some will, lets say there is a 1 in 7 chance of a dump (due to any reason). So what we do is add 1/7th to our cost estimate for every flight. This way everyone is reasonably protected and simple to administer. Our intent is for you just to pay for the nitrous that is burned..
John D. NYPOWER Team