[OT] Veterans Day

I just want to thank all the Veterans, and current military members, who frequent this board for their service to our country.
Mario
Mario wrote:

You're welcome.
Bill Sullivan, SSgt, USAF, 1970 - 1977
Thank you for my son who will be spending ALL of 2007 in Afghanistan:
Sgt. Alex Kramer 82nd Airborne 307th Combat Engineers Ft. Bragg, NC
Les Kramer PROUD Father

Les Kramer wrote:

May the Lord bless your son, keep him and his comrades safe from all harm, and return them safely home.
Bill Sullivan

Yes, return them all safely home; it looks like that may be sooner rather than later now that God has spoken in this most recent election.
...A...
Der_Red snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

God...is that a new term for the electorate?
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

"Vox populii, vox deii." Latin for "How the hell did we get into this mess?"
Bill "Survived Catholic School" Sullivan
"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." - Jerry Garcia
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Fixed it for you.
;-)
--
Tweak
US Army vet.
On 15 Nov 2006 12:49:00 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Would they actually show up and serve, or would they take after their daddy? I think press coverage and public interest in Iraq is already so high that they would make absolutely no difference in strategy. The commanders and SS would not allow them to come to any harm, but they would be building a resume. This would help them get elected later so that they can finish the job their daddy started by freeing the Iraqi people from control of the religious clerics.
Now if you sent in 50,000 units of Bill Murry/Urban Assault Vehicles (Stripes), some of them could get lost, cross the border into Iran, accidentally destroy some nuclear weapons facilities... That would have an effect on strategy.
Der_Red snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

If God had meant us to vote, he'd have given us candidates.
snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net says...

The elections are over, so can we all drop the political nonsense?
Besides, my feelings are hurt as I didn't get a rise out of low quarters.
;-)
--
Tweak

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:41:32 -0500, Tweak

I don't think it would be easy for you to get a riseout of Bill "low quarters." Did Army guys get low quarters? 8-)
snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net says...

Yeah, we just never got to wear them. It's those AF guys who don't get issued the combat boots.
Let's see if that works.
;-)
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

Combat boots had this inconvenient problem of dissolving whenever exposed to hydraulic fluid. Or JP4.
Bill Sullivan
Remember back in the 60's when the kids said "Make Love, Not War"? In the Air Force we figured out how to do BOTH!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

We didn't have that problem with our super-duper Taiwanese special combat boots. Impervious to everything, including comfort.
--
Tweak

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:27:25 -0500, Tweak

I was in the AF and I had combat boots and fatigues plus the other less comfortable stuff.
Phil
Tweak wrote:

You said something insulting?
Bill Sullivan
"Send air support! Now!" - Battle cry of Army Special Forces
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

No, it was supposed to be humorous. A jibe, as it were.
--
Tweak

"Those Army guys have interrupted tea time again". - Battle cry of the
Tweak wrote:

Yes, those poor blighters in the trenches. Pity. :-)
Bill Sullivan