[OT] Veterans Day

No actually I beleive propoganda works wonders for those who do not have all the facts. The Media in general leans to the left, just where the democrats lean. They both then feed you only the information they want you to have and put their spin on it. Watch how many people have exactly the opinion they saw on the news and no other. Then come talk to me about what morons live in this country. This is exactly how they let you form your opinon on the current Republican control. If they let you know that the econemy was really doing quite well, Al Quida had not attacked this country in the last 5 yrs, and there were advances being made in the lives of everyday Iraqi's How could you vote for the party that represents their view? It is not who is in control at the moment or what is the truth. It is how they present it to you and how it makes you feel. No I do not agree with everything that is going on. I belive that the Republicans shot themselves in the foot by acting like spend and tax democrats before. I really am begining to believe they both need put out to pasture.
Dennis
I'm not sure what this means (perhaps the ability for forgivness), but I recently saw a Toyota Camery with a Californina plate saying "Pearl Harbour Survivor". If he so proud of surviving the Japanese air attack how come he now feels it's OK to drive a Toyota ? Ha Ha !!!
snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com says...

He has gotten over the past? Perhaps he has family in Georgetown, Kentucky?
Your example is not nearly as good as the import vehicles with Harley Davidson stickers. But then again, I run a "Suzuki" plate on my Suburban and have considered replacing each bowtie with a machined suzuki S.
--
Tweak

snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com wrote:

Probably for the same reason that John McCain, a Vietnam POW, seeks closer relations with Vietnam. It's in the past. You can wallow in it, or you can deal with it and move on.
It doesn't hurt that the Toyota was probably assembled in the USA by American workers.
Bill Sullivan
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce
snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com writes:

Aren't Camry's made in California? I know Toyota has a plant out there that makes something.
I also know that my Honda Civic has more USA content than the Ford Grand Marquis my dad bought before he died. I think my Odyssey does too, although it may be more Canadina than USA.
-- Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
    S&T is becoming this decades Steve Weaver!
Thanks, Vietnam Vet.
Here is a short story I have writen.
You had been in Washington DC and on one day had gone and seen some of the sights around town. It was late in the afternoon when you reached the Vietnam War Wall, with all the names of those who died or who where missing.
You had been looking at the names when you noticed an old man off to one side. He was dressed in what was left of a uniform, he was looking at the names, he reached out and touched one name and a sadness come to his face and tears fell to the ground. He then turned away and as he did so your eyes met with his and in them a fire burned almost as bright as the sun. He walked up to you, he handed you a packet, "This is all that is left of my son, I want you to take it home and look in it and the rest will be left to you". He turned, took a step and died as he fell to the ground in from of his sons name.
That night on the news there was a short note about an old man who had died by the wall and by his ID, his sons name was at the place he had died, that he had no other living people. You looked over at the table where the package sat, walking over to it, you had to wonder what was in it.
Opening it up you found the paperwork to access a bank account, to pay for him to be creamented, and the paperwork to take his ashs to vietnam.
Months later you found yourself getting out of a car by a large open field, the driver said he'd return in an hour and he drove off. You walked out into the field, you had already noticed that none of the local farmers used this land, that only low brush and wildflowers grew there now. But by the map you held you knew that you where standing in the place where the 4th Inf. base camp, this was where the mans son had died in battle but his body had never been returned home. For a short while you just stood there, then you looked at the sun, it was just starting to set in the west, Dragon Mountain seemed to become a tall flame, you reached down and opened the box and let the mans ashs fall into the wind and to the ground. Just as the last rays of the sun started to fade it happened, the wind died away, but the sound of taps being played floating across the field, you look around and there standing on a buncker was a young man with nothing but pants and a flack jacket on, as he stood there another image formed beside him, it was the old man and he had on a battle uniform from WWWII, they both turned to a flag pole where the flag of the USA was slowly going down.
Then it all faded away, and you where left standing in the field, you looked and the headlights of the car was coming down the road, so you walked to it and as it pulled up, you got in and it turned around and headed back.
A week later you stood at the wall again, and you laid down some pressed flowers you had picked in that field, no one else was around as the day had been a rainy and cold one, but you had needed to go there. As you looked up, the name blazed and the image of father and son looked at you and smiled. They faded away and you knew that they where together now and they would stand guard in that field until the end of time itself. You would never forget them either.

Telescope Buyers FAQ