[OT] Veterans Day

I was in the AF and I had combat boots and fatigues plus the other less comfortable stuff.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'm not sure what this means (perhaps the ability for forgivness), but I recently saw a Toyota Camery with a Californina plate saying "Pearl Harbour Survivor". If he so proud of surviving the Japanese air attack how come he now feels it's OK to drive a Toyota ? Ha Ha !!!

Reply to
paul

He has gotten over the past? Perhaps he has family in Georgetown, Kentucky?

Your example is not nearly as good as the import vehicles with Harley Davidson stickers. But then again, I run a "Suzuki" plate on my Suburban and have considered replacing each bowtie with a machined suzuki S.

Reply to
Tweak

Would they actually show up and serve, or would they take after their daddy? I think press coverage and public interest in Iraq is already so high that they would make absolutely no difference in strategy. The commanders and SS would not allow them to come to any harm, but they would be building a resume. This would help them get elected later so that they can finish the job their daddy started by freeing the Iraqi people from control of the religious clerics.

Now if you sent in 50,000 units of Bill Murry/Urban Assault Vehicles (Stripes), some of them could get lost, cross the border into Iran, accidentally destroy some nuclear weapons facilities... That would have an effect on strategy.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Probably for the same reason that John McCain, a Vietnam POW, seeks closer relations with Vietnam. It's in the past. You can wallow in it, or you can deal with it and move on.

It doesn't hurt that the Toyota was probably assembled in the USA by American workers.

Bill Sullivan

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Aren't Camry's made in California? I know Toyota has a plant out there that makes something.

I also know that my Honda Civic has more USA content than the Ford Grand Marquis my dad bought before he died. I think my Odyssey does too, although it may be more Canadina than USA.

-- Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow