Plugging silver streak motors

__________________________________

That didn't take long...

Reply to
NaCl

Why does top-end ignition make them CATO? Am I right in saying that these motors are core-burning with a single grain (thrust curve looks that way)?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

He LIVES for me :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Got a cite for that?

BTW, selling motors commercially, under a brand name, does not qualify as a "personal collection".

Reply to
RayDunakin

Top igniting a cored BP motor results in a larger ignition pressure spike, which can blow a motor. Igniting at the nozzle end slows the buildup, preventing the over pressurization.

All I can say is that after switching to nozzle ignition of F100s in the late 80s, I never had a single one CATO, even when burning the last of them at least 15 (maybe 20) years after they were made.

Bob Kaplow

I posted it before and you called me a liar even though you refused to go to the DOT website to simply read it for yourself.

Now that you dismiss everything I say WRT DOT in advance, how about I just tell you to FETCH yourself.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So in other words, no you don't have a cite.

Ray, jerry says the answer is no.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ok, thanks for the info Bob. You don't happen to know of an address for the 'infamous F100 cato video' someone mentioned?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Don't even know the reference...

Bob Kaplow

Can you post a link for it, or email it to me?

Thanks,

Reply to
Niall Oswald