ROL NEWS--LDRS 24 Fees Announced

LDRS 24 Fees Announced January 20, 2005 Web posted at: 12:40 PM EST

(ROL Newswire) -- The LDRS 24 planning committee has announced the fee schedule for LDRS 24. They request attendees provide name, orginization member numger, certification level for each person wishing to register. Advanced registration ends June 15.

The fees are as follows:

4 Commercial days Early On site

Seniors (18 and up) regardless of flying level $60.00usd $90.00usd

Junior (Under 18) flying high power rockets $50.00usd $50.00usd

Junior (Under 18) flying model rockets Free Free

2 EX Days

Seniors (18 and up) regardless of flying level $20.00usd $40.00usd

All 6 days

Seniors (18 and up) regardless of flying level $80.00usd $100.00usd

Junior (Under 18) flying high power rockets $50.00usd $50.00usd

Junior (Under 18) flying model rockets Free Free

On-site Camping Fee.

**Per Night per unit** $5.00usd $5.00usd

What is covered with the camping fees includes:

- porta potties

- Garbage bins

- security lighting at night

- battery chargers

- communal fire pit

- fresh water tank onsite (500Gal)

Visit

for further information.

Source: LDRS 24 Planning Committee

Reply to
ROL News

Hmmm... "junior (under 18) flying high power rockets?"

I didn't realize they were allowed to have a category for that!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Just because they don't spell out "under adult supervision"?

You people.

Reply to
Tweak

My understanding is that you have to be 18 to be certified level 1/2/3. Tripoli rules require you to be certified to fly high power.

Therefore, if you're under 18, you have to have someone who is certified sign the flight card and actually fly the rocket. The person signing the flight card is the one who has to pay the range fee.

Maybe CAR rules allow under 18 to fly HPR?

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

It's in Canada. They're allowed to do (almost) whatever they want.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Oh, right, I forgot about that... CAR does have "junior certification".

-dw

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see something similar adopted in the US.

Reply to
Phil Stein

NAR just started their Jr cert program allowing 14 and over to cert L1.....maybe that's what they are looking at.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Dude, it's in canada

check the CAR's junior rules

Reply to
AlMax

Yes, they were the model for US youth programs.

Reply to
AlMax

A "Limited L1"... They still need adult sponsors until they become legal, as which point they get grandfathered in.. (they don't need to do another L1 flight and paperwork)

Not sure this has passed into "rule", but was only a proposal last I heard...

Things like 1127, which are contained in the NAR regs, prohibit a 14 YO from flying L1 without an adult...

Reply to
AZ Woody

The NAR has adopted a junior HPR participation program.

J.A. Michel

God save the queen!

Common sense is still legal!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Save this for your personal ads.

Then why don't you go out & get some.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Your sole purpose in life is to comment on me!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Assuming that the world revolves around you (as you seem to think) why wouldn't it?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Don't flatter yourself.

I'm sure you just a minor diversion, you know, like when you have a slow download or something, a time killer.

you really don't even rank being called a hobby.

you're more of a freak show, than anything else, but I wouldn't pay to see you. That would be a waste of a hard earned nickel.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Still . . .

Your sole purpose in life is to comment on me!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yours on rmr certainly does. That is observable fact.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

When I finish my paper on abnormal psychology, I'll stop. You have to admit, you are an 'interesting' subject.

Reply to
Phil Stein