Quest website (Peek-A-Boo)

The beta site is online (at the moment).
Looks way cool.
http://www.questaerospace.com/index_beta.htm Let's not overload the server poking around....

My comments follow the quotation:
shreadvector wrote:

Ooo! Sexy website!
Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1

One can see the individual products. Good.
I was looking for how to order the Handbook (gotta support Bill for keeping it going), so apparantly a fax or phone call is the way to go on that.
I didn't see where to order D20's.
Jerry
My comments follow the quote:
shreadvector wrote:

It's interesting to see the models displayed on a launch pad. It gives the view some idea as to comparative sizes and how the models look in launch position.
Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1

It's interesting to see the models displayed on a launch pad. It gives

Yep, you got that right.
the website seems taken down now that they found out about us ;-)
404
No, they've just gone live.
www.questaerospace.com
roy

My comments follow the quotation:
Roy Green wrote:

<snip> ---------------------------------------
Say, the Quest website is showing some very interesting innovations I hadn't heard about before.
In the new educational kits: - Assembly cradles - Tyvek shroud line hole reinforcers replace the stiff plastic Quest Grabber tabs. Good move! - Q EZ Boost Glider package. Nifty-looking gliders.
The site is looking better and better.
Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1

http://www.questaerospace.com/pages/Education.htm
The Quest logo on the middle of this page overlays other content under IE 5.1 Mac. In particular it disables the link to education value pack products.
Jerry

Email the webmaster about any issues. I found a rather serious typo, and they fixed it very quickly.
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. -- Charles A. Beard
hmm. Can't imagine why unless ie5.1 mac can't deal with the padding-left style. That's the only thing that looks out of the ordinary. It's pretty much just a standard table-based layout. Looks like it was started in an old version of FrontPage and continued in Dreamweaver.

I think all website designers should put key links in TEXT mode at the bottom of the page since so many browsers are crippled in some way.

I find it interesting in the educator FAQ they specifically suggest educators may get 27% off for an order of $25 or more and further encourage customers to shop around on price!
Is their MSRP fictitious and not paid by ANYONE?
Jerry

Tyvek has been around for at least a year, maybe two. The assembly cradles came with the kits years ago.
The glider *IS* new. I like it. It looks like it will fly great on an A6-4.
Starhawks have been redesigned. They now use a tapered tight slip fit fin unit over a full length body tube. They asemble with no plastic cement (all yellow or white glue) in no time. The MPC fin unit is toast.
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

Great.
That looks like Rob Edmonds designed it... anyone know?

yes
no, they were missing however, and most other cool models were not. so it was assumed....yes I know what the means...