RDC-Rocket deveoplment Corp

Does anybody know if the RDC AB motors offered in 1966-68 time frame were actually made by RDC or were they just relabeled Estes or Centuri motors? This is the same RDC that made the Enerjet-8 composite motors and later the enerjets for Centuri when RDC was absorbed by Centuri....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

The last ones made in 1967-68 were actually made by RDC...

They can be distinguished by labeling that doesn't look anything like the Estes motors of the time, and by a true-conic, near-optimum-expansion nozzle made of white pressed clay (very fine-ground stuff, almost like ground porcelain).

The way to tell them apart: If the motor looks like a relabeled Estes motor (label printing, bell-curved nozzle, etc), it probably is. The motors that were sold in the 1968 catalog were mostly RDC-made, and the ones that remained in the 1969 News-A-Log were ALL RDC-made.

If you're going to be at NARAM and have some RDC motors, hunt me up. I can tell you immediately whether they were made in Seymour or Penrose.

Mark J

Reply to
<mark.johnson

I warned you, MJ. The knowledgeable content in your posts will have lurkers thinking someone actually KNOWS about rocketry around here, you know.. :-)>

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Stop it :)

Reply to