Contest motor availabilty -- compared to 1987

Hi all, I just read a Space Modelling issue from 1987 that had the motor cert list. There were 172 different contest certified motors (size and delay combinations)
from 7 manufacturers. Today's list had 70 from 4. We may have more more motors on the upper end, but it doesn't look so good on the lower.
Fly straight and true!
MikeyR
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BRMutti) wrote:

I told you so.
Hi Jerry, USR motors were on the 87 list.
Fly straight & true!
MikeyR
(BRMutti) writes:

The only USR motors to ever be on any NAR list were the relabeled AT motors. The TRA list dif have motors made by Jerry until they ulled his plug back in 1997-8 or so...

Nope.
www.v-serv.com/usr/images/NARcerts.11-97.640.jpg
Joint lists include TRA and now CAR motors.

Bob K. wrote:

Jerry wrote: << Nope. www.v-serv.com/usr/images/NARcerts.11-97.640.jpg >>
Are we supposed to be able to read that? As far as I can tell, it shows only that USR had some motors on the NAR list. It doesn't say whether those motors were made by AT or one of your other manufacturers.
Who is your current manufacturer?

Didn't say joint list. Said NAR list. Which is what the priginal poster was refering to, as in 1987 there was no TRA list!

NAR only publishes a joint list now.
Then this page must be only an illusion:
http://nar.org/SandT/NARenglist.shtml
Jerry Irvine wrote:

--
David W. Schultz

I will take your word for it those are NAR tested motors only. I therefore stand corrected. However in the NAR magazine the only list they publish is a joint (Brian pass the joint) list. However it seems they publish one field stating the cert agency (AHJ).
Good.
Now let's parse!
Manufacturers listed:
AeroTech they are shipping (very limited according to dealers). They burned down, changed manufacturing points a couple of times. They have NOT resubmitted samples for testing. They were grandfathered.
AMW New manufacturer Shipping modestly available, mainly to Fred Wallace, not to Ray Dunakin.
Apogee Not available. Notify when that changes for specific motors, probably Apogee by AT first.
Estes Available widely Shipping The prime benefactor of consumer rocketry IMHO.
Kosdon TRM Not in manufacturing. Sometimes do ship. Banned at TRA launches. (because he REFUSES to get an illegal ATF permit)
NCR (by Estes/Vulcan) Notmanufacturing Notshipping Nofutureprospects.
PublicMissiles Not manufacturing Not shipping AT is a difficult to work with supplier
Quest Manufacturing in Germany Shipping Generally available in mass-merchandise outlets Somewhat available in hobby outlets.
RocketVision Not manufacturing Not shipping RVBK ATBK
Please post corrections.
Jerry
Executive summary:
AeroTech - limited availability AMW -limited availability Apogge -VERY limited availability Estes - WIDELY available Kosdon - not generally available NCR - not available PML - not available Quest - fairly WIDELY available RV - not available
<< AeroTech - limited availability>>
Still the most widely available, as far as I can tell.
<<AMW -limited availability>>
Pretty much everywhere but CA, and supposedly they're working on getting CSFM approvals.
<<Apogge -VERY limited availability>>
Specialized motors for the NAR contest niche market.
<<Kosdon - not generally available>>
Kosdon has chosen not to comply with the cert requirements.
<< NCR - not available>>
NCR was basically butchered by Estes and no longer exists.
<<PML - not available Quest - fairly WIDELY available RV - not available >>
PML and RocketVision are kit vendors who only had some limited run, relabeled AT motors. RV has been out of business for a couple of years.
For all high power stuff, availability mainly hinges on the local vendor and what he is willing and able to stock.

You spew shit.
Nice comeback Jerry.

Thanks. It was approximately as substantive as Ray's post.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Forget to take your meds Jerry???
Fred
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

I deploy it slowly into a properly designed receptical.
I try, and mostly succeeed to say things that are factual and supportable.
But the sheer number of baseless accusations, mostly directed at me, you must admit, is bad for rmr and bad for rocketry, because there is a certain segment of any population that simply assumes where there is smoke there's fire.
But sometimes like in this case, where there's smoke there is a bunch of lying sacks of shit.
Jerry

Listen to yourself. You're a raging inferno Jerry. I think you're the only one on RMR to have been busted by the DOT for illegal hazmat shipping.
How factual is that???

Not factual. The difference is I do not need to "out" others to serve my ego.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Who else has been "busted" for shipping rocket motors as "model airplane parts"?
Just jerry.