Re: New Federal budget allows for BATFE license fees to increase without limit

"The recommendation does not include the proposal to increase explosives licensee and permit fees and credit these funds to this account. The recommendation also does not include the Administration's proposal to establish an explosives poundage fee."

Since I never received a response to the E-mail to my representative, I have no idea if that had any impact. Or perhaps it was the IME and ISEE lobbyists that did the trick.

But there is still plenty of time for amendments and of course the House/Senate conference committee.

Reply to
David Schultz

Bob Kaplow

The per pound fee was in addition to permit fees. I assume that it would have been assessed on the manufacturer/importer.

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
David Schultz