Re: New Federal budget allows for BATFE license fees to increase without limit

The House appropriations bill ( H.R. 2862, http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.02862 : ) as reported out of committee does not change the permit fee limits or include per pound explosives
fees. The report said:
"The recommendation does not include the proposal to increase explosives licensee and permit fees and credit these funds to this account. The recommendation also does not include the Administration's proposal to establish an explosives poundage fee."
Since I never received a response to the E-mail to my representative, I have no idea if that had any impact. Or perhaps it was the IME and ISEE lobbyists that did the trick.
But there is still plenty of time for amendments and of course the House/Senate conference committee.
--
David W. Schultz

If they set the fee baised on pounds, it would probably cost a LOT LESS than we now pay. Either that or industrial explosives users could no longer afford their permits. How does $0.01 per pound sound. I'd gladly pay them a dime a year, if they'd show up in person to collect, so I didn't have to waste a 37c stamp :-)
... One nation under surveillance, divisive, with liberty and justice for none.
The per pound fee was in addition to permit fees. I assume that it would have been assessed on the manufacturer/importer.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

--
David W. Schultz