New ebay fees

The revolt has begun:

I'm sure it will have no effect until there is a viable alternative (and Yahoo is/was not).

I agree that listing low price items used to be worthwhile and is now a money loser for the seller.

-Fred Shecter

Reply to
shreadvector

I'm not sure what the big deal is. Ebay didn't raise the final value fees for regular auctions, only for those with Ebay Stores. I don't think the listing fees for auctions changed either except if you want Buy It Now.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Fred sells a lot of small items.

We are writing to let you know that effective midnight PST, February 18,

2005 eBay.com and eBay Motors will be making changes to the fee structure.

The fee changes are as follows:

Gallery Gallery fees will be raised from $0.25 to $0.35 per listing. We will also be increasing the size of the Gallery image on search and listings pages by 56%. This will make it easier for buyers to see details of the item before clicking into the listing.

Buy It Now Buy It Now fees will no longer be charged at a flat rate, and will instead be determined based on the Buy It Now price. Fees will be charged as follows:

Buy It Now Price Fee $0.01 - 9.99 $0.05 $10 - 24.99 $0.10 $25 - 49.99 $0.20 $50+ $0.25

10-Day Duration The fee for 10-day duration listings will be raised from $0.20 to $0.40 per listing.

eBay Stores The fee for the Basic eBay Store subscription will be raised from $9.95 to $15.95 per month. The subscription fee for Featured and Anchor Stores will be unchanged.

eBay Store Inventory format listing insertion fees will remain unchanged. The Final Value Fee for Store Inventory items will change as follows:

Closing Price Old Price New Price $0.01 - $25 5.25% of the closing value

8% of the closing price $25.01 - $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance. 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 - $1000) Over $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the next $25.01-$1000, plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value). 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the next $25.01 - $1000, plus 3% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value).
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The price changes are still only for those with Ebay Stores except for Buy It Now fees and gallery fees.

Up to $9.95 the BIN fee stays the same as now. I don't see how sellers of small items without an Ebay store are hurt except the extra 10 cents for a gallery listing.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert