Re: Ny/Nj Senators on "hold"

BATF/DOJ are good... really good.

> > > Ding Dong, the bill is dead. > > HDS > >

Dead is better than current form.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But weight limits are "acceptable" to you.

Prove me wrong. Eliminate any weight limits on NAR defined model rocket motors except the total weight limit (125g) and call it the Irvine unified mass limit.

Oh, and BTW have all NAR members, Vendors, dealers, clubs, test committees STOP asking for any ATF peermits for ANY propellant actuated devices per 27 CFR 55.141-a-8 pending the outcome of the lawsuit and pending the very first ATF enforcement action ever.

Moron for NAR President. It has already been made so.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh, BTW I submitted these to the Board. Wanna bet if they fail them?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

yep

apart from the arbitrary weight limit which does nothing to increase security or safety, the use of the undefined terms "recreational model rocket" and "model rocket motor" can by interpretation by the regulating body (ATFE) reduce exempted rocketry to cardboard and balsa rockets using single-use motors.

this is [emphatically] unacceptable

- iz

Reply to
izzy

So, of course, since we didn't get exactly what we wanted the very first time we tried we should just throw up our hands and go home.

Forget about contacting Senators or trying to work with the House version. It's foolish to even try.

I live my life that way too. If things don't go completely my way the first time I try something I just give up. That's a good policy to follow in everything, especially dating, stocks, and legislation.

There, did I get it right?

I sure am glad Bunny is working on this and not you.

Rocket Flyer Southeast Georgia

Reply to
Rocket Flyer

Given that we still don't have answers to all the questions created by the Hatchet/Coleslaw version which could even regulate what is currently unregulated, I'd have to agree with Jerry.

Pass the original Enzi bill. Nothing less is acceptable.

Bob Kaplow

Where does it leave us if the house version is as bad as the Hatchet / Coleslaw version? Or worse?

Passing this bill as it is surrenders both our lawsuit and our challenges to the BATF NPRM. Without it we're one judicial decision away from freedom. With it we're dead.

Bob Kaplow

If at first you don't succeed, GIVE UP! No use being a damn fool about it. :)

Curtis

Reply to
Curtis Reynolds

What a crock of s@#$. Name me one company that's pushing the SEA. It's the scared sheeple that are being soothed by this ridiculous law, not big business.

Mark Simpson

You keep posting this crap, and I keep refuting it.

This legislation has been reviewed by our legal team working on the litigation.

They have counseled both TRA President Dick Embry and I that it does not impact the ongoing litigation.

How many times do I have to keep saying this before you get it?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President

Mark B. Bundick

I respectifully disagree.

Mike Enzi has already put a tremendous amount of time, energy, attention and personal political capital into this fight, for which, to the best of my knowledge, he has received $0.00 in campaign contributions. I'm not naive enough to suggest that money can't buy you access and attention, but that's not in play here. And to suggest that everything that goes on on Capitol Hill is money driven, particularly in this case, is inaccurate.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President

Mark B. Bundick

I've posted this before and I'll post it again.

Your choice is simple.

If you want to help preserve our hobby, write a letter today.

If you want to help ATF, do nothing.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President

Mark B. Bundick

Writing a letter to the senators supporting the original enzi bill with no mas limits is a good idea. Why not? But considering where the bill is at right now it will ultimately be futile. And when Wickman calls for action be sure to do it, because he is the only industry leader advocating and DEVELOPING unlimited access options.

Jerry Irvine

I would like to go on the record as generally agreeing with Mark Bundick on this point.

So Mark, what is the status of the lawsuit. Is the next step the final answer?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Jerry Irvine"

-------

Whoa.. Whoa there big fella...

Anyone who volunteers for anything might be a moron, but name calling is totally uncalled for. Mr. Bundick is trying to do something... Which should have merit even if it is not what you believe.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Yes, it means one thing. A broken clock is right twice a day, which is two minutes out of 1440 minutes each day.

Much like the broken clock Jerry can accidentally be right 0.00138% of the time too. Don't worry, he won't be right again for another 720 post.

Rocket Flyer Southeast Georgia

Reply to
Rocket Flyer

OK, so I'll add your name to the Surrender column.

Thank you for playing.

Rocket Flyer Southeast Georgia

Reply to
Rocket Flyer

NAR paid for it, so that part of it is understandable (ego comment noted and approved).

I beg him to simply make fewer errors to take blame for!

Big ass point!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh give me a break. You and Bob Kaplow just love that saying. What was I wrong about? I am curious. Please inform me quick so I can correct my ways or call you on it. More likely B.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry; you are a wealth of knowledge. -- Richard "well, he is" Hickok

"I mean, old Mr. Prez is stumbling around like a drunk sailor - violating the bylaws, folks civil rights, Federal and State Law. You guys might ought to rein him in, seems to me." - John Cato

"HOWEVER, when organizations are involved in the regulation of a sport/hobby/etc activity, it seems to me, personally, that there ought to be at least the same level of openness and oversight as the government itself is required to demonstrate (which is still not enough, IMHO, but certainly more than none).

"Sometimes an avocation becomes a passion, and perhaps an obsession. Perhaps it's a control thing. Or a penchant for secrecy. Or a love of rules." - Ted Cochran

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

sadly mark I think Enzy is the Exception to the rule.

a very nice and PROPER exception but and exception nonetheless.

if only more politicians in power were like Enzy this country might not be heading down the deep dark hole its heading down :-(

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr