Re: Senate Report for September 15, 2003

Judges respond positively to public pressure and negatively to attorney pressure. Letter writing can only help.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That is a bunch of bullshit. How does that relate to APCP? As Jerry said, one could wreak havoc with a cluster of G35's. Plus, the FAA regulates us, and says we cannot fly within 5 miles of an airport, and that we cannot fly a rocket weighing more than 3.3 lbs. w/o a waiver. Let the FAA do its job....

Reply to
Stephen

Yes, that was a strange typo. I meant the just published 2003 issue.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

There are such statistics, but I don't know which watchdog group keeps track of them.

MJ

Reply to
Mark Johnson

What was really disappointing is that only ~74 votes were even cast in the election. Of course, with only 3 candidates running for 3 slots, there's not much point in bothering to vote. Since the NAR switched to annual elections of 1/3 of the board, I think there's been maybe ONE contested election where your vote actually mattered. That is sad.

I wonder how many of the ballots were mailed in, and how many were voted at NARAM. I know I vote in person, just in case there really is a write in campaign.

I was also curious how Jennifer out voted Trip.

Bob Kaplow

hey BOB, ya think the NAR would provide a prospective BOD member with = the names and addresses of every NAR memebr, so that the prospective BOD = member could send material direct to each member to get them to vote for = him? and why in this day and age of FREE electronic communication where there = are a number of Free services that allow you to text chat/use voice and = video online, do the NARBoD still actually have real meetings...? It = seems to me that they could have monthly meetings, on an ad hoc basis = much easier and get more done, or at least be more responsive.....How = many times a year do the NARBoD meet anyway?

Theres: Paltalk,MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, AOL AIM,ICQ,etc...all = allow audio/video conferencing and text chat......heck if you want face = to face all you need is a $30 webcam, a $25 headset.......

shockie B)

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

As Jerry alludes to, it was John Wickman who started the legislative angle with Sen. Enzi.

From what I have seen, NAR has yet to mention anything about Wickman being involved in the originating efforts in that regard. Instead we get name confusion with "John" Kyte. You'd think they would willingly take Wickman as a highly knowledgeable professional consultant at the very least. Notice that Wickman and ARSA don't have a problem mentioning them.

So, on:

the August 15, 2003 entry, Wickman writes about NAR and TRA choosing to go ahead with the rewritten and muddled "H-K" version of the bill. Wickman instead reorganizes to go after the main original goal with a "Compromise" version of the same. I have yet to hear what is happening with this version... but it sounds like it is far better than the "H-K" version.

With all good "I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves."

I will rejoin the local club, the people are awesome. But I am still debating the Nat'l renewal. But I definitely intend to look closer at these people punching holes into the sky above the high plains. "Road-trip..."

~Duane Phillips.

***** A great American planner/organizer once said: "I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves." - Joseph Smith *****
Reply to
Duane Phillips

LOL... my thoughts exactly... Jerry, you spelled it right... lol...

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Not sure, never asked. You certainly CAN nominate yourself, and I'm not aware of any one ever being kept off the ballot for any reason other than perhaps not qualifying for election. And every candidate is invited to submit a resume / "campaign speech" that gets published in the Rocketeer and sent to every member.

If I wanted to organize a campaign and go beyond that, I'd either include a web link, and/or post to RMR and various email lists.

Two uually. One at NARAM, and one some time over the winter. Last winter they met in DC and invited the TRA BoD to join them.

Electronic forums are great, but there is still a lot to be said for face to face meetings. And don't think that the NAR BoD doesn't do a LOT of business electronically.

Bob Kaplow

What consideration has been given if at all possible to SUING the senators who are holding up this bill without a valid reason.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

NO!! They get too much BAD done already!

snip examples to encourage massive ignorance.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

tee-hee...hahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Have you though about applying for a slot of the Jay Leno show?

Reply to
Anonymous

"Duane Phillips" wrote in news:dA1ab.489052$o%2.217467@sccrnsc02:

Nothing. There's already a bill out there, and the congresscritters aren't inclined to consider another one.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

what is wrong with what I said. Senators should be held accountable for the decisions they make that ALTER our lives.

especially if they do so WITHOUT a valid reason.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

If it is mere bad judgement they are probably protected. But if the act has predictible consequences of harm then you may have a point. The labor involved to research and cull out the informatio is large. The effort to file the suit is small. I can even do that.

Start researching.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

the question as yet unanswered is has anyone researched this route.

not only would I like to know if it is feasible (or suicide) but also if it is even possible ? IE are they shielded. considering the insane laws they pass I am guessing they are shielded.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr