Re: Whatever happened to . . .

I've got my brother's old Vashon rocket, and keep telling myself I'm going to restore it "someday". Maybe I should just go ahead and plan to do it in time to fly it at PlasterBlaster.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Using what for fuel?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

The article to which I posted a link earlier contained various suggestions for alternate fuels, I believe.

Reply to
bit eimer

The stuff that comes in a spray can for cleaning out electronics.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Congratulations on not reading the article.

Joel. phx

Joel Corwith

Actually, you want the stuff that comes in spray cans for testing the effect of temperature on electronics... generally sold under trade names such as "circuit cooler", "freeze mist", etc. - what they're selling for that these days is R-134a, the non-ozone-depleting successor to the no-longer-available R-12 (which was what the original Vashon "Cold Power" propellant actually was).

Performance should be pretty similar with R-134a.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

They were assimilated by Estes in the early 70s. That's how Estes got it's cold power rockets. Which led to the original Land Rockets.

Bob Kaplow