SAFETY - Shunting your electronics

I have compiled all the information on shunts that I could come up with from here as well as anywhere else I could find any. It contains nothing that was taken directly from here (or anywhere else) so, it can be posted non-commercially at will.

The link is

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Phil Stein Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

FYI-

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Use pisted twares... that is, twisted pairs for the ignitor leads, or at least a zipped pair. Not only does it keep the installation neater, but it reduces the antenna loop area of the leads, reducing the potential for enough rf energy to be induced to cause a problem.

Observe the routing of ignitor leads and other wiring. Avoid proximity to internal antennas and other electronics. It has been speculated that hybrid high-energy (spark) ignition systems have caused premature ignition.

GC

Reply to
Gary Crowell / VCP

a zipped pair. Not

of the leads,

internal antennas and

ignition systems have

Reply to
Phil Stein

internal antennas and

ignition systems have

...or fried altimeters. We're relatively sure that's what got Lusty on her maiden flight -- a breakwire too close (and parallel to) the HyperTEK igniter.

Hindsight is a glorious thing!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski