Separation of boosters for parallel-stage model rockets

Hi Everyone,

In Harry Stine's "Handbook of Model Rocketry" there is a very brief description of parallel staging in Chapter 11. I have tried to find out more about the techniques that are available for separating parallel-staged boosters from the core vehicle, but have unable to find anything so far. Does anyone have some information that may be useful? I am thinking about building a rocket with separating boosters such as the Bloodhound.

Thanks for your help,

Arjan Bos The Netherlands

Reply to
Arjan Bos

try this

has given me great ideas for a TITAN IIIC etc.

Reply to
nitram578

parallel-staged

Here's one simple method:

=98

Reply to
raydunakin

Arjan,

There were a few good parallel booster rockets entered in Descon 14. Check it out:

Hi Everyone,

parallel-staged

Reply to
schroeder4289