so how long does it take for the industry to implement regulatory relief?

I note that according to the BlackSky website at

they are still stipulating (as they have since last year) that ProXX motors will not be shipped "without a valid LEUP on file"... what's up with that, after the court ruling and all?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Buy them instead from places that have understood they were exempt.

on the other hand, I have seen dealers always asking for a LEUP on mail orders/phone orders,

yet do easy access in person at the store, or on the field must be a CYA type of thing.

Reply to
almax

Per an earlier post here today by someone else, K. Good of the TRA BOT is working with the legal team to find out what impact, if any, the ruling has on reloads. (clarifying other stuff too, so I hear)

I doubt any vendor will "throw open the gates" until that happens. Most vendors will error on the side of "safe" when it comes to the BATFE. That's why some are requiring a LEUP for "Easy Access".

Remember, if a vendor aquires something that requires a LEDP and storage, then sells it to a non-permit holder, there is a break in the paper trail that the BATFE requires (and can inspect without notice at any point)

Reply to
AZ Woody

Point!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I told you so.

Until recently that was "empty set".

Is it still?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This is Blacksky we're talking about here. The website probably gets updated once or twice a year.

Most rocketry vendors are very small businesses. They don't all have the time to immediately update their websites on things like these.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

You should report the offending vendor to the NAR/TRA legal team, just as if it was the BATFE doing the offending.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

That's understandable, but you'd think they would jump right on something that's (unnecessarily, now) going to drive away sales...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I can't imagine Blacksky really sells that many motors. They are mostly know for launch equipment and electronics.

Blacksky was originally the U.S. distributor of Pro38 motors, but I think Cesaroni might be selling to dealers direct now.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

What do you expect to accomplish by doing that? About all it will do is run up the legal bills.

Blacksky is within their rights to do that.

Don't waste your time. Go to another vendor.

Reply to
Phil Stein

How?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stating the obvious will get you attacked by trolls Dave.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

WHat do you mean how? When is a vendor not free to ask for whatever he wants before he sells something to someone? It might cause people not to buy from him but he can ask for anything he wants.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

When what he asks for is set forth in FEDERAL LAW and REGULATION as to when it is permissible and when it is not.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They can refuse service to anyone they so desire.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Phil Stein

Show me what law Black Sky is violating buy not willing selling motors to anyone without an LEUP. Federal, State, Local. Being a contractor to NASA, I bet if they sought the advise of counsel, this is what they would hear.

You might have a shot challenging them in civil court, but probably a VERY long one, given the current social enviroment, current litigation, and general confusion.....to which you contribute to daily.

Jerry said so just doesn't work anymore.....

Jeff Barnes TRA #2267

Reply to
Jeff Barnes

I've had vendors (non rocketry related) ask to see a drivers license if I write a check. Last I checked there was no "law" that said I had to present a DL to get slim-jims and cheetos!

I guess that JI considers this illegal to!

"Please send $5, and you too can get a degree from 'Jerry's school of armchair law'. If you act now, you'll not only get a 'cap snaffler', but also a 'bass-o-matic'! Also, if you are one of the first 10 callers, you'll get a copy of the 'That is libel and I will take you to court' letter, personally signed by JI!"

Reply to
AZ Woody

I hate to break it to you, but here in California it IS against the law.

Apparently, as of about a year and a half ago, it's 'theoretically' illegal for vendors to ask for the drivers license. I only found out about this because my local Radio Shack (where I've shopped for almost

20 years) stopped taking checks because of this. They only take cash, or debit/credit cards now.

David Erbas-White

AZ Woody wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White