Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all have a great day, a great meal, and a great time with your loved ones!

Reply to
raydunakin

Tell the truth, Ray. Do you have a waiver for that turkey???

David Erbas-White

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving right back at you!

Reply to
David Erbas-White

When you are having that great meal and great time with your friends and relatives, please stop to give thanks to all those brave service men and women patrolling our skies or standing guard in a foreign desert and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope they get as good a meal as we are having today.

-- Les Kramer #70965 L-2 / Club President Northern Ohio's TRI-CITY SKY BUSTERS ROCKETRY CLUB, NAR #535 Club website:

Club e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@SkyBusters.org Club e-mail site:

Les Kramer

Ok how big a motor do I need for an 18 lb bird with der corn bread stuffing? Turkeys like the F-4 Phantom can fly if you put enough fire in it's butt.

Reply to
nitram578

Amen!

Reply to
nitram578

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - here's a Turkey Day classic to add a bit of levity to your day

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~- Uncle Dave's Grace Words by Peter Berryman /Music by Lou Berryman

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

Thanksgiving day Uncle Dave was our guest, Who reads the Progressive which makes him depressed We asked Uncle Dave if he'd like to say grace; A dark desolation crept over his face "Thanks," he began as he gazed at his knife "To poor Mr. Turkey for living his life All crowded and cramped in a great metal shed, Where life was a drag then they cut off his head.

"Thanks," he went on "For the grapes in my wine, Picked by sick women of seventy-nine Scrambling all morning for bunch after bunch, Then brushing the pesticides off of their lunch Thanks for the stuffing all heaped on my fork, Shiny with sausage descended from pork I think of the trucks full of pigs that I see And can't help imagine what they think of me.

"Continuing I'd like to thank, if you please, Our salad bowl hacked out of tropical trees And for this mahogany table and chair I thank all the jungles that used be there For cream in our coffee and milk in our mugs We thank all the cows full of hormones and drugs Whose calves are removed at a very young age And forced-fed as veal in a minuscule cage.

"Oh, thanks for the furnace that heats up these rooms And thanks for the rich fossil fuel it consumes Corrupting the atmosphere ounce after ounce, But we're warm and toasty and that is what counts I'm grateful," he said "For these clothes on my back, Lovely and comfy and cheap off the rack Fashioned in warehouses noisy and cold In China by seamstresses seven years old.

And thanks for my silverware setting that shines In memory of miners who died in the mines Worn down by the shoveling of tailings in piles Whose runoff destroys all the rivers for miles We thank the reactors for our chandelier Whose deadly plutonium won't disappear For hundreds of decades it still will be there But a few more Chernobyls and who's gonna care?"

Sighed Uncle Dave, "Though there's more to be told, The wine's getting warm and the bird's getting cold." And with that he sat down as he mumbled again "Thank you for everything, amen." We felt so guilty when he was all through It seemed there was one of two things we could do Live without food in the nude in a cave Or next year have someone say grace besides Dave.

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

Reply to
Vince

snip,

I had 2 emails this morning one from each kid standing watch. There is turkey and dressing in Afghanistan and Baghdad. : ) OOO RAH!

Happy Thanksgiving "you all!"

Randy

<randyolb

I think it's like 1000 ns per half pound.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I dont recall ever having a thanksgiving dinner. Chinese doesnt celebrate thanksgiving or christmas. And turkey is expensive as hell in Taiwan

Reply to
tai fu

Rut happon', to you turrr-kee, Bumpus dogs? I guess den, ru haf to rait to eat "hon-lable Clismas duck!"

Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra!

Get away from that trukey Tai, "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Randy

<randyolb
1000ns/0.5 lb x 18 = 36,000ns mmmm so 2 each N2000 and a single M2500 should do it nicely. Tai Fu Your turkey shall be delivered shortly, soory about the scorch marks re-entry is a bitch you know!

Reply to
nitram578

Just got done IM'ing with my son in Ramadi for over 1/2 hour!! What a GREAT way to celebrate Thanksgiving!! By the way he said the turkey sucked but the lobster was excellent.

-- Les Kramer #70965 L-2 / Club President Northern Ohio's TRI-CITY SKY BUSTERS ROCKETRY CLUB, NAR #535 Club website:

Club e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@SkyBusters.org Club e-mail site:

Les Kramer

Are you telling me that the whole time you lived in Texas you never had a Turkey? Damn, boy, did you ever live? If you should find yourself here in the PRK I personally will take you to a restaurant and buy you a turkey dinner with all of the trimmings. It's down-right un-American never to have had a turkey dinner.

Reply to
Reece Talley

It's been about a year since I've seen these two in concert. HIGHLY recommended!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

you can thank my parents for that...

I really miss sliced turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy though. Turkey costs more than gold here. and NO restraunts (except ones that costs a boatload of money) here will serve anything close to those either (you know chicken fried steaks and stuff)

The closest thing I can get to turkey is those shredded turkey served on rice.

Reply to
tai fu

I'll trade you even. How much gold do you have?

Reply to
Phil Stein