The Rocket Racing League-----too cool

It appears any Nascar fan who has all his/her teeth can now enjoy something a bit faster. ;-)
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/press-room_press-releases.html

Chuck
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/x-racers_specifications.html
This could be wild.
Chuck

Looks like a rocket powered Rutan homebuilt aircraft. Faster than NASCAR. Faster than IRL/CART. Faster than F1.
Not faster than a speeding bullet!
Bob Kaplow wrote:

It's looking like in the future when they get to their Tier 3 racing.
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/x-racers.html
Orbital races will probably necessitate traveling faster than a speeding bullet.
For Tier one closed courses they are talking 320 mph. It appears the rockets will coast and relight several times during a race.....just a guess but they are gonna light in the straights and coast in the turns and relight on the exit. This could be some amazing events if all goes well. I wonder what the annual budget will be for the 8 race season of a few years from now.
1500# thrust in a 2000# plane, that will be a kick in the pants on the relight.
Chuck

Too Kewl !
Looks like reno racing with rockets in the 21st century !
humm, now to get some AMA sanctioned events at about 30 off the ground and pylons ;-)
AlMax wrote:

Looking here:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/x-racers_gallery.html
Check out the bottom right thumbnail. I'm wondering if that's the way the course will be displayed to the racer. If so, it appears they can build in their safety factor and the courses are gonna be wild.
Chuck
I'm not a nascar fan as I don't understand watching cars going around in circles for hours on end; I guess people will watch rocket plane racing for the crashes into the specytators huh?
wonder where the estes or quest X-racers are at?
shockie B)

Think Reno Air races, not NASCAR.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
shockwaveriderz wrote:

tdstr wrote:

.....and how many spectators have the competitors taken out at Reno? I'm guessing none. The doom and gloomers sure do show up early. NASCAR sux, but it's not cars going around in a circle, it's team competition, both physical and reactive, and a technological competition. Who knows what will arise from low atmosphere rocket development.....maybe a cool new motor for the little people. Or some cool new ideas in small airplane survivability. Without people going to the extremes in anything, us conservative little people don't benefit cuz the envelope is never stretched.
Chuck
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:54:39 GMT, Chuck Rudy
Go ahead and say it Shockie = Weenie
shockwaveriderz wrote:

"I guess people will watch rocket plane racing > for the crashes into the specytators huh?"
You serious? If the planes fly into the spectators, who's gonna be watching? Who's gonna be competing? Not a very good business model.
Only the cigarette companies kill their customers, I can think of no other.
Maybe they will use 'certified' motors, and we'll all be safe. ;-) It's interesting to read how the FAA has been brought in early to get things right from the beginning.
Chuck
PS that ending sentances with prepositions has to stop. :-)