TRF Apollo 11 Celebration and Record Setting

The Rocketry Forum

you to help commemorate Apollo 11 by logging on to the site across the time point Tuesday, July 20, 10:56:15 PM EDT. This is 35 years to the second from Armstrong's "one small step". 10:45 through 11:00 PD EDT would be a good window. We'd like to set a record for users online during this time, to use as a lasting record of the event. There will be a chat in progress, but you can participate or not, just as long as you're logged in during that time. Thanks.

Reply to
Dr. DynaSoar

So we will see unprecedented harassment of USR at that time too?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What's your point?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Phil Stein

Why hold off till then??(;-) hi-jacker

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

Your attitude is transparant.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry,

What ya launchin this weekend...?

Reply to
FIREMANUP

Good..

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

Alas, the proper time for rocketeer celebrations has passed for the year: July 16th, 9:32AM: the anniversary of the LAUNCH.

I remember launching my Saturn-V on the first anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch, timed to the minute.

Bob Kaplow

I did it! At 9:32 AM this last Friday, I launched my Quest Falcon on an A8-3 in my front yard...landed one foot from the pad. Great Flight. Yeah, yeah, I didn't have any Apollo-related rockets, so get off my back, ok! ;-)

Jason

Reply to
Jason Toft

I'm hoping that is fixalbe real soon now. Peter Alway has been working on a Saturn V kit. From what I've seen it's lots of laser cut parts like his Astrobee, BT-70 or ST-20, and flyable on a C6 or maybe a D12. Sort of Big Bertha sized.

Bob Kaplow

I've been spending rolls of Apollo XI dollar coins. I went through 12 of them this weekend.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter

There are a couple of pics of the prototype here:

Darren J Longhorn

Reminder: 10:45 to 11:00 PM tonight, Tuesday July 20. Thanks.

Reply to
Dr. DynaSoar

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

It's ST-20, flyable on a B4-4, B6-4, or C6-5. Unless you add a lot of paint so it weighs a ton.

I think Bill Saindon has everything but the instructions and cardstock stuff ready to run off 50 of them next week for NARAM.

Peter Alway

Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709

scale data at:

PeteAlway

so what's going on, there's only 29 right now? ho hum ...

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner