UN numbers

Can anyone tell me the UN numbers for AP reloads, as applied in the US and
Canada, please?
We have some new explosives regulations coming up here in the UK, and I'm
taking a look at them. Situation seems to be utterly confused ..
Will update later, if possible.
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
You can find the RCS/Aerotech numbers in their resources section of the web site:

Here are a few:
0439 0275 0351 0186
Some of them have NA numbers only good within the US: NA0323 NA0276 I don't know what they use when/if shipping overseas
Peter Fairbrother wrote:
Reply to
David Schultz
International classifications:
0439 ATF hard coded exempt 0275 Power Device 0351 ATF hard coded exempt 0186 Rocket Motor
Domestic US only:
Some of them have NA numbers only good within the US: NA0323 USPS hard coded exempt NA0276 USPS hard coded exempt
I don't know what they use when/if shipping overseas
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
0439 Charges, shaped, commercial, without detonator class 1.2D ?
Itym:
0349 Articles, Explosive, NOS class 1.4S ?
Anyone got a copy of the orange book?
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
Jerry apparantly forgot (and didn't check) the correct numbers.
(7) The importation, distribution, and storage of fireworks classified as UN0336, UN0337, UN0431, or UN0432 explosives by the U.S. Department of Transportation at 49 CFR 172.101 and generally known as ``consumer fireworks'' or ``articles pyrotechnic.''
These are the only UN numbers in the BATFE regulations.
Do not refer to the copy of the Orange Book on the BATFE web site as the regulations in it are out of date. Instead, go to the GPO web site for federal regulations:
Look up 27 CFR part 555.
Peter Fairbrother wrote:
Reply to
David Schultz
pardon the error.
These are from UN regs.
UN0349 1.4S Articles Explosive NOS UN0454 1.4S Igniters
UN0351 1.4C Articles Explosive NOS UN0276 1.4C Cartridges Power Device
UN0186 1.3C Rocket Motors UN0275 1.3C Cartridges Power Device
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Thanks.
For general reference, I found this:
which is a UN site with downloadable .pdf's of the whole Orange Book (UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods).
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
What is th URL for the obsolete edition. I need it for reference.
Bob Kaplow
Geez, it isn't that hard to find.
Come, let me hold your hand.
1) BATFE web site:
2) On the menu bar at the left, select "Publications".
3) Now select "Arson and Explosives Publications"
4) Under the heading "Publications", you will find "ATF P 5400.7 - Federal Explosives Law and Regulations 09/00".
That link takes you here:

If you really want to dig into history (or get the yearly updates), start at the top of the GPO CFR menus:
Scroll down to the appropriate title (27 for BATFE regulations) and pick your year. It doesn't go back forever, so if you want to look up stuff older than about 1996 you will have to hit your local federal depository library. Which is what I had to do when I wanted to know how the DOT defined "toy propellant device" once upon a time.
Bob Kaplow wrote:
Reply to
David Schultz

Site Timeline