UN numbers

Can anyone tell me the UN numbers for AP reloads, as applied in the US and Canada, please?

We have some new explosives regulations coming up here in the UK, and I'm taking a look at them. Situation seems to be utterly confused ..

Will update later, if possible.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

UN0351

NA0276

Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

You can find the RCS/Aerotech numbers in their resources section of the web site:

Here are a few:

0439 0275 0351 0186

Some of them have NA numbers > Can anyone tell me the UN numbers for AP reloads, as applied in the US and

Reply to
David Schultz

International classifications:

0439 ATF hard coded exempt 0275 Power Device 0351 ATF hard coded exempt 0186 Rocket Motor

Domestic US only:

Some of them have NA numbers only good within the US: NA0323 USPS hard coded exempt NA0276 USPS hard coded exempt

I don't know what they use when/if shipping overseas

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

0439 Charges, shaped, commercial, without detonator class 1.2D ?

Itym:

0349 Articles, Explosive, NOS class 1.4S ?

Anyone got a copy of the orange book?

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Jerry apparantly forgot (and didn't check) the correct numbers.

(7) The importation, distribution, and storage of fireworks classified as UN0336, UN0337, UN0431, or UN0432 explosives by the U.S. Department of Transportation at 49 CFR 172.101 and generally known as ``consumer fireworks'' or ``articles pyrotechnic.''

These are the only UN numbers in the BATFE regulations.

Do not refer to the copy of the Orange Book on the BATFE web site as the regulations in it are out of date. Instead, go to the GPO web site for federal regulations:

Jerry Irv>

Reply to
David Schultz

pardon the error.

These are from UN regs.

UN0349 1.4S Articles Explosive NOS UN0454 1.4S Igniters

UN0351 1.4C Articles Explosive NOS UN0276 1.4C Cartridges Power Device

UN0186 1.3C Rocket Motors UN0275 1.3C Cartridges Power Device

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Forgot? How about taking liberties with the truth?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Do you have anything to add to the thread topic?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes. The fact that you are a consistent liar and that people should think twice before believing you.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Thanks.

For general reference, I found this:

which is a UN site with downloadable .pdf's of the whole Orange Book (UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods).

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

What is th URL for the obsolete edition. I need it for reference.

Bob Kaplow

Geez, it isn't that hard to find.

Come, let me hold your hand.

1) BATFE web site:
2) On the menu bar at the left, select "Publications".

3) Now select "Arson and Explosives Publications"

4) Under the heading "Publications", you will find "ATF P 5400.7 - Federal Explosives Law and Regulations 09/00".

That link takes you here:

If you really want to dig into history (or get the yearly updates), start at the top of the GPO CFR menus:

Scroll down to the appropriate title (27 for BATFE regulations) and pick your year. It doesn't go back forever, so if you want to look up stuff older than about 1996 you will have to hit your local federal depository library. Which is what I had to do when I wanted to know how the DOT defined "toy propellant device" once upon a time.

Bob Kaplow wrote: > In article , David Schultz writes: >

Reply to
David Schultz

I don't know the BAFTE url, but you can get the 12th edition here (the present version is the 13th edition):

Peter Fairbrother