VCR reminder

Follow-up reminder, tonight Sci-Fi will repeat part 1 early, at 6:52pm, followed by part 2 at 9:00pm (part 2 repeats at 11:04pm and 1:08am).

Starlord - you HAVE to watch, or else you won't know which advertisers not to buy stuff from!

Gotcha!

(jess kiddin' ya - but DO watch the first 10 minutes, and see if you don't get hooked).

Reply to
BB

Indeed. Quite humorous, if you "get" the context.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Depends on what you call 'promising'. After all, V was supposed to be a 2-part miniseries, then it turned into a 5-part miniseries, then it did two seasons of TV shows, and it's still in syndication. :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

That's a shame. I don't like 90% of what's on the Sci-Fi channel (most of the new sci-fi shows that they broadcast are pure crapola), but they do sometimes run some good stuff too. In fact they've been re-running the original BSG series recently (as a lead-in to the new movie, of course).

But where having satellite *and* a Tivo shines, is that I can create a wishlist for any movie I want, and whenever/whatever channel it comes on, it will catch it. I just recorded and watched "Metropolis" for the first time ever, last week. Plus every couple of weeks I check the list for upcoming sci-fi movies, and catch an occasional classic that way too.

Reply to
BB

correct point BB

modern Battlestars

everything that

show, but several

"cutesy" faction of bad

sci-fi treatment of

annihilation of the whole species,

Reply to
almax

How about Galaxina?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Looks like they ignored 5000 of the screaming whiners in favor of a million or so viewers.

Cool.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

type hairdo epic like "Battlestar Ponderosa". I was 16 when the old show was on, and I made fun of it then. (And I was a Fan. Still am. Never miss a Con, even if it is overrun with Starwars and vampire crap. Still my kind of folks, even gamers and filkers.) Snap out of it, Starlord. Enjoy the mummy of the old show, but keep your mind open when somebody tries to do a good job with the concept. -Braz NAR 12442

Reply to
elbraz

I thought it was outstandingly well done. And I was probably the first here to voice extreme skepticism a few months back. If they'd have left out the silly religious ceremony/memorial speech in the second half, it would have been nearly flawless.

Reply to
BB

Maybe Jerry beat Izzy in an armwrestling match. ;)

Reply to
RayDunakin

I'm not worthy

- iz

RayDunak> Starlord wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I can never remember which was black on which side and white on which side. Are you sure the above is correct?

Loki was one of the dog names we considered, if we fond one with the correct half black half white face coloring, and could remember which was which. Beal just didn't sould like a good dog name.

Bob Kaplow

Wasn't it "Lokai" rather than "Loki?" [i.e. pronounced Loak-aye rather than "Loak-ee" like the Norse god of mischief?]

Guess I'll have to go pull out the TOS tapes during the holidays and check it out.

mj

Reply to
Mark Johnson

Not at all. I had to look it up:

"The pilot is an alien who is solid white on his right side and solid black on his left. His name is Lokai, and he claims to be a political refugee from Cheron. Shortly thereafter, another alien is deposited on the bridge of the Enterprise by a spaceship just before it disintegrates. The new alien identifies himself as Bele, a police officer from Cheron who has been tracking Lokai for over 50,000 years. Bele is black on right and white on left, and is outraged when Kirk sees no difference in them. Bele considers his coloration superior to Lokai and others of 'his kind.' "

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

It's Lokai. I found the correct spelling in searching the answer to which side Lokai was white on.

I was wrong about the name spelling.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Finally got to see all of it and it is starting out better than most series wind up. Compared to the original, this one seems to be a serious attempt at a sci-fi story.

There's some real-life shipboard experience demonstrated in the script as well. Little things, but there.

Hope they keep it up, I'm looking forward to the next show.

Reply to
Gary

I still don't understand why the Joker was chasing that guy anyway.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Riddler

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Doh!!! I meant Riddler! Frakkin' Felgar carb!

FRANK GORSHIN! HA!

Randy

Reply to
Randy