VCR reminder

Don't forget, tonight's the debut of the remade "Battlestar Galactica", on Sci-Fi. I have to confess, the "making of" show last night did pique my interest, and gave me hope that it won't be as bad as I thought.

In any case, the "cringe factor" certainly couldn't be as bad as the original - there are no fluffy dog-bots anywhere to be seen, thankfully.

On the other hand, the sexual content will make me think twice before I decide if the kids can watch. Looked a little steamy, from the previews.

Reply to
BB

Knock yourself out :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

BB wrote:

Reply to
nedtovak

Thanks for the reminder! I need to check the Scifi website to verify the broadcast schedule, as it looked awful screwy on the Tivo. 11:09? And which are parts 1, 2, etc.?

Grrrr....blankety blank sci-fi channel.

Craftily hidden from view for promotion, I am sure, only to be sprung upon us like so many Ewoks when we least expect it.

Steamy, you say? Now I HAVE to watch.

;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Yeah, the times looked scwewy to me too. Part one is tonight, tomorrow night they repeat part 1 AND play part 2. Just to be safe, I told my Tivo to record the o'dark-thirty show overnight too (in case I miss this evening's showing) and to pad it an extra 1/2 hour.

Maybe I shoulda used "TIVO reminder" instead, eh? Love mine. I just wish networks would start and end stuff ON TIME so I didn't have to keep padding shows.

Ewoks? I hear they taste... just... like.... ;O)

Yeah, but I'd like to share this with the family - however I'm not eager to hear my 8-year-old daughter ask "daddy, why is she wiggling like that?" - or repeat stuff like "let's get ready to kick some Cylon ass!"

;O(

Reply to
BB

Stay away from Speed, then. They don't mark whether a show is first run or a repeat, so it will record over and over and over any show for which you get a season pass. As to padding, it seems every network is getting into the 1 to 2 minute extra game. Good thing that DirecTivo unit has 2 tuners.

I just pulled the clicking 80gb drive out of mine and put a 160gb in it so I might just do a manual for the entire block for both nights.

original - there

You know it! ;-)

You left off my smiley. I like the "steamy" bits of shows the least...they usually get FF'd through.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

LOL!!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Funny, that is what Trekkies said before the release of TNG. Besides, the original Cattlecar Mylactica, aka "wagontrain in space" was bad, so it sounds like they are continuing the tradition.

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

Both of them?

Reply to
BB

Now if THAT don't put you in the Xmas spirit I don't know what will...

HO HO HO.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

rofl

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I loved TOS, and I thought they were going to ruin it when I first heard of TNG. The writeup in TV Guide - with its references to a "Commander Data" and a "Ship's Counselor" made my doodads shrivel. And although the first couple of episodes had some awful moments, I eventually grew to love the series, even if it was occasionally used as a painfully obvious sounding board for wishy-washy left-leaning propoganda.

'scuse me now, cuz I gotta go try on some dresses.

Reply to
BB

Of course if you are really devastated about the plot changes, you can always tune into Comedy Central @ 9PM Eastern for:

The Hebrew Hammer

"Starring Adam Goldberg, Andy Dick and Mario Van Peebles. When the Jewish Justice League needs a hero to save Chanukah from a psychotic, anti-Semitic Santa, there's only one man to call: Mordechai Jefferson Carver, a.k.a. The Hebrew Hammer. He's an ace private dick and a smooth-talking dude. Yes, he may also be a momma's boy but don't cross him 'cause he's the baddest Jew in town. Together with the Kwanzaa Liberation Front, The Hammer takes no prisoners in his quest to hunt down the renegade Santa and make the holiday season safe for all...."

Even I could not make this one up,,,,

Al

Reply to
Al Gloer

I default to that position too. But I am just an advertising watching, people employing consumer.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Joe,

You're not alone. I'm a closet BSG fan too.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

How much of a cult following can a show that lasted one season create? I watched every episode and it jumped the shark about the 4th IMO. It was awfully cool to see Anne Lockhart, June's daughter on the show though she didn't look so tough as a warrior. Now Lost in Space - that is a cult following!

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

I'm going to watch it before I pass judgement, but there are a few things that don't sit too well...

The Galactica has gone from 'The BEST in the Fleet' to a junker nearing decommisionning. That's sad.

Baltar is portrayed as a 'victim' who happened to be caught up in an intrigue not of his making, instead of the egomaniacal betrayer of the entire human race. John Colicos must be doing cartwheels in his grave...

WHY - if the Cylons hate humanity enough to want them wiped out, go through the effort of *looking* like us??? If 'Number Six' is anything other than an infiltration/espionage unit, I'm going to be VERY disappointed... :-(

But... I'll wait and see how it's portrayed. After all, I gave 'Starship Troopers' the benefit of the doubt... it was only after watching it that I relegated it to the trashbin, never to be watched again.

(Maybe the Cylon fighters will make good upscales, though...)

Reply to
Len Lekx

This is a bad thing how?

Just watched the first half.

This is not your father's Battlestar Galactica. This is not that old piece of felgercarb.

Thank goodness. A little slow, but at least it didn't take on the worst aspects of "Lost In Space."

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Now, now, don't be cruel.

I'm sure there's at least 5.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Watched it off-and-on while doing last minute cramming. What I saw was a little soapy, but I'll watch the whole thing next time it airs.

Not as bad as I imagined, nor as good as I hoped.

Reply to
Gary

The first show wasn't bad, once it got past the opening sex scenes. If nothing else, maybe it'll prompt Estes to do a re-release the BSG Viper kit :-) The new Cylon fighters looked good. I'll keep watching it. David

Reply to
Dlogan