Way off topic - Please Remove NASA Administrator Bolden

{Administrator - OK to remove if too far off topic] For all of us who ever dreamed about going into orbit ---- Please write your congressman and senators (I have done so tonight) Please support any effort to remove NASA Administrator Bolden ASAP! His comments on Al Jezzera were an affront to all Americans and especially the Aerospace community. He said said his, and by extension NASA's "foremost" mission is to improve U.S./Muslim relations. And he said President Obama has given him that task.

I watched the interview - I am mad as a taxpayer that NASA now has this mission I am mad as a professional in the aerospace community ( engineer, manager, planner, pilot and at one time on an astronauts list) that this fine agency is now being tasked to improve Muslim relations. I am mad that he CANCELLED our missions to space - we have NO WAY to go back into space with the Shuttle ended and NO other program even in the pipeline!!!!

Steve - Please get someone up on the hill to call this man in front of Congress and ask for his immediate resignation.

David Newill

Reply to
Newill

This has to be no surprise to anyone that follows the space program. Administrator Bolden seems like a nice guy. He was a very good astronaut in his day. This doesn't give him the qualifications to run a major government agency. He is now and has been since his appointment to his current position, a pawn and mouthpiece for the current administration and our President. Unfortunately, that is not what NASA and this Nation needs. This Nation and NASA need a true leader and visionary and someone that can lead the President and Congress in the proper direction and not in some dreamy vision of the future. Right now NASA is a ship without a rudder and is adrift at sea. Instead of a leader Administrator Bolden is just a YES man for the president. Until NASA gets a leader that can lead there will never be another meaningful manned space program at NASA.

And their plan to develop the Orion as a lifeboat, what's that about? There is no need for a lifeboat if you are not flying any astronauts! The Soyuz vessels are there, what's the reason for a life boat? And if you did actually have this lifeboat, would it just be kept in a hanger until one was needed if ever, and then mated to some unknown booster and be ready to fly? How long would that take? One month, two months, six months? This would not be acceptable under any plan!

What are they thinking? Oh yeah, they are not thinking they are just doing what some bureaucracy wants them to think!

Dan Cordes

"Newill" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@d16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
djcordes