What exactly happens April 22nd?

What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is
there something more official from the court coming down?
Serious questions. I'd like to see all APCP exempted.
FLyA
Reply to
FLyA on the PlaYA
All APCP in PADS is already exempted. What do you want? Bomb making APCP exempted too?
INTENDED USE.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
What's happening April 22nd? That's the question. Anyone besides the resident fish want to take a stab at it?
FLyA on the PlaYA
Reply to
FLyA on the PlaYA
I don't know exactly, all I know is that there is another hearing in court that day. TRA/NAR won't have an official statement on the recent ruling until after the hearing on the 22nd.
Reply to
RayDunakin
On April 22 The new season of MXC on Spike TV at 10:00 est.
------------------------------------- Jim Chambers ------------- NAR 80299 L1 ------------------------------------- F.A.R.T. Friendly American Rocket Technologies Friendly American Rocket Team --------------------------------- God............ Grant me the Senility To Forget the People I never Liked, The Good Fortune to run into the Ones I Do, and the Eyesight To Tell The Difference ! ---------------------------------
Reply to
Jim Chambers
Yes, and the BOT and BOD have both asked us members not to to make any snap judgements in pubic until after the hoopla is over. Then we can rant one way or the other.
Reply to
almax
One thing we definitely know. The LAW has not changed for over 30 years.
The hoopla was --generated-- by NAR/TRA and that hoopla is what will motivate ATF to make changes if they are made after over 30 years of silence and tolerance.
If only they simply listened to Jerry. Literally. My positions are sooo on the record.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Put this on the record, What is ACS's current address?
Does ACS even have a business license?... I didn't think so.
Reply to
Dave Grayvis
Is ACS specifically _required_ (by anyone applicable) to have a "business license"? Not everywhere _has_ business licenses, and even those places that do issue them may have varying thresholds for what qualifies for a licensing requirement. (Do you have a security clearance for that electric skateboard?)
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
No, but the ATF's interpretation of it has changed, just as other agencies change interpretations of their regs from time to time.
Bull. The ATF saw the hobby growing and decided they had to be "proactive" and nip it in the bud. That's on the record -- check InfoCentral at ROL.
Reply to
RayDunakin
I leave for Washington, DC the morning of April 21 to meet with counsel and legislative advisors. We attend the hearing on the 22nd, and will have a more complete statement after that meeting.
Again, I would recommend that those who are not admitted to the bar, and who do not have experience in an administrative law practice, not make interpertations about what the implications of the opinion are.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President www - dot - nar - dot - org
"A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets, but high above the quiet streets on the twelfth floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye."
Reply to
Mark B. Bundick
Judge didn't be bad on us. He don't hate me. Formal legal statement from NAR and Tripoli due soon, maybe this weekend. NAR and Tripoli supposedly will instruct members how to act, what is "legal" and such now that the ruling is done.
steve
Reply to
default

Site Timeline