What is a good high temp epoxy for motor casings

I have been making my own paper tubes for small rocket motor casings. I have used Elmer wood glue and paper. However, on end burners they just
don't quite have enough strength. I bought paper phenolic tubes from Acculam and they work great. I can even use the casings twice. But the cost of the tubes is more than I want to pay. Is there a high strength high temp epoxy I can use to make my own high strength "paper epoxy" tubes? I'd use graphite but that is to costly and messy to machine (dust and all).
Oh, Just a note for those interested.. I found a nozzle material that is better than grog and clay. There is virtually no erosion. And it is cheap and easy to use. Great for forming that DeLaval nozzle you always wanted. Don't know if I should tell. Maybe I'll write a book like D. Sleeter and use it for a chapter worth of text. What do you think. Should I tell or not.
KT

Not a high-temp epoxy, but pyro's have been known to dip paper rocket casings in a product called Minwax wood hardener (available at Home Despot, etc.), in order to harden and strengthen them. Don't know how well it would penetrate a casing glued through and through with Elmer's wood glue.
Now, out with your nozzle material!
Kelly

These aren't much more than a thinned down version of polyurethane.

Not well, and its temperature resistance will probably be worse than epoxy.
It's probably worth while testing casings made by rolling paper saturated with thinned out epoxy (ie: try out a West Systems "emergency repair" kit). Try sandwiching some fiberglass ribbon as another experiment.
The epoxy isn't heat resistant, and neither is Elmer's, but they'll probably stay together long enough for a single use.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote: > Is there a high strength high temp epoxy I can use to make my own high strength "paper epoxy" tubes?