Where to get Aerotech H90 engine?

Any ideas where to get one of these beasties???

Peter

Reply to
peter.t.ekstrom

Dunno. Never heard of it. Where do you find it listed???

David Erbas-White

snipped-for-privacy@jci.com wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

There used to be (maybe even still is) a 29mm rms h97FJ but don't recall a h90

Reply to
Damian Burrin

Reply to
Howdy

I got both of mine from folks leaving the hobby...

I'd put the H90 in the family of fun SU motors packed to the gills... I recall noticing during post flight inspection that the phenolic was showing bubbling and gave it high marks as there's no reload casing to protect your rocket -- It was engineered right at the edge. For minimum diameter and small rockets, it was right there with the AT G125, G25, F101, F32, F10 & E6.

Ellis Mountain tried to cover the niche of interesting one-shot motors after the AT fire but I think (lack of) consistency really hurted them. That and I don't recall EM offering full impulse.

What was nice was not having to worry about loosing a reload case!

These types of motors make great BAR bait...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I haven't seen an H90 in years. They were great 29mm single use motors. I used to fly a lot of them back in the late 80's and early 90's. If I remember correctly, AT stopped making them when they switched most of their high power production to reloadable motors.

=EB

Reply to
raydunakin

I've got a couple of H80-20 motors, though I *think* they're FSI. They were used in sounding rockets.

Reply to
Dan Major

I think they were one of those single use motors... I don't think AT makes them anymore... I think you need a LEUP to use them regardless since they can't be divided like reloadable motors.

-- TAI FU

Tai Fu

The sage of misinformation is back!

Tai, we luv ya baby!!

steve

Reply to
default

Reply to
Phil Stein

I think he's correct. Where is he supplying misinformation?

I have one if anyone is interested in buying it. Don't even ask about it unless you fly where I do (Philly area.)

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'm pretty sure that the interim ruling of the judge in the lawsuit is that assembled motors are PADs, and therefore exempt. The only 'open' question people were batting around was how it affects reloadable motors.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

A Person would not need a LEUP to use the motor, just to store it.

Just a guess.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Do you think he knows Gary Glitter?

The man is back! "I I I I'm the leader"

; )

Randy

<randyolb

I'm pokin' fun at Tai because he has a propensity for "I think" statements like above. He has no facts on any of his three suppositions, only guesses. To his credit he does say, "I think" before each statement.

For fact, you do not need a LEUP to use any rocket motor. Also, the judge currently agrees that fully assembled rocket motors (single use) are PADS and require no LEUP to possess.

steve

Reply to
default

Yeah Tai's ok.

I forgot about the PAD thing. I was thinking about when I got the motor which was before it was decided that PADs were kind of ok. Sure will be nice when all the legal crap is done with.

Anyway I'm not attached to this thing - if someone wants it and they don't need it shipped, let me know.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

I think Bruce had some for sale at Balls and XPRS.

he had a most impressive display of vintage engines in his personal collection for sale.

an ACE "N" Single use and an Aero-Tech 98mm Long burn "L" were just way too much to behold.

Reply to
AlMax