Where to go now

I've been flying rockets for two years now and im not where to go now, what sort of kits should i be looking at? Is there any one on who is part of this group who lives in the UK and flys in the north of Scotland?

Reply to
Callum

uk.tech.rocketry

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Contact UKRA in UK.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ever been to the IRW, thats a great event to get to meet people.

(yes I know it says 2003, looks like a typo)
Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

UKRA is the UK national rocketry body. More info can be found at

Scottish Rocketry clubs and organisations can be found at the following addresses :-

Rocketeers' Society (The oldest rocketry group in the UK I believe. Contact details on UKRA site (no website))
has info about International Rocket Week held at Kelburn, near Largs, Scotland. IRW is held around the August Bank holiday week / weekend.

As mentioned point your news reader at uk.tech.rocketry and chat with folks a little more local to you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

-- UKRA #1208 L1 EARS # 1118 TRA #3207 L1

-=*=- Gravity is a harsh Mistress -=*=-

-=*=- The Tick -=*=- Remove .co.uk from Reply To: address.

Reply to
Mike Roberts

As other posters have said, you should subscribe to uk.tech.rocketry and consider joining UKRA.

Whereabouts are you? There's a large annual event held in Largs at the end of August. There is a group by the name of SARA up there too.

You've probably been flying Estes black powder LPR stuff? The next step is generally to move up to AP & HPR. It's quite a big step at present in the UK. Officially, Estes in the UK stops at D (The Estes BP E, though technically illegal, does turn up sometimes), but HPR pretty much start at G with Pro38. Aerotech used to fill that gap, but are no longer available. To be able to buy AP you need to fill out some paperwork and get some licenses. Details are on the UKRA site.

As for kit recommendations for that next step, we have some good vendors in the UK. You can see a list at

Deepsky, in particular, have a very informative web site.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Hey! That's a new web site to me!

No posts to their email list for _years_.

1936. Anyone beat that?

Not heard from them recently, but they were pretty active with launches at the same site as the IRW HPR takes place.

STAAR is pretty much John Bonsor, who organises:

Excellent event!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Are they the guys from Scotalnd? I do believe they are the oldest rocket club in the world.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Scotland. Yup.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Civilized world :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Skippy what does the term "Civilized world :)" mean? Is it one of those instances where we have to decipher many meanings from your worthless roo postings??? The Chinese weren't Civil enough for you roo person ... so anyway I would like to know what the f*ck "Civilized world :)" is supposed to mean? Or you just trying to attach your name to anything postive for a change? Hmmm ... heat getting a bit hot for you and now you want to be the "good all around fun guy of r.m.r." now ... you silly rabid roo ... we know you now for what you are ...

Reply to
Beatle Man