Yet another new Estes item

fred: I was at a walmarts yesterday and in a main aisle near the toys section, I noticed that they had this in a big display right smack in the midle of the aisle. The display was about 4 ft square and it had posters that said GO VERTICAL and it had these, maxtraxx and snapshot ready to fly kits in it.... now I wonder if I can convince walmrts to let me have that display....

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

I reported on a similar display about a year ago. I only saw it at one of 12 Wal-Marts in my area. It consisted of the two different starter sets and tons of C6-5 motor packs. All the shipping boxes/cases were designed to be opened and turned into the aisle display. A GIANT cube-o-rockets results and it's smack dab in the middle of the aisle.

When I saw it, EVERY family with kids stopped to look at them. The kids insisted.

If I undeerstand you correctly they now pack them as the two-headed starter sets as shown on the eBay item.

I also notice that many of the items listed for future release (soon) are not "starter sets" but rather "rocket sets". They contain no motors. This could be a BRILLIANT idea since many Wal-Marts will not stock any model rockets because of local fire hazards and the local fire inspector not letting them put anything with the motors inside the store.

Reply to
shreadvector

Last of the big spenders.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'll bet that those stores stock fire arms & amo though, which is just as flamable. It has a multi- million dollar lobby group behind it.

Reply to
John Karpich

Ain't it great! ;) I don't remember a time being down a Walmart toy aisle with more than one family with kids all standing around oogling an Estes display. In fact, I've never been down an aile with anyone oogling an Estes display in a Walmart. More are looking at what could be the better deal with Mach 3 razors or those 2lb $2 Cheetos. Be honest Shred (your not).

Kooch

Reply to
kkooch

What kind of altimiter is in it and what is the maximum altitude of the altimiter?

Mike

It's not an 'altimeter'. It's a timer that they've programmed such that it starts at ejection, and stops when it hits the ground, then 'calculates' how high it was based on a table in it's memory. It only works with the included streamer, may be off due to wind, etc.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I assume you mean in California.

Reply to
AlMax

It could be anywhere.

I did not say "all Wal-Marts". I said "Many Wal-Marts". Some stores probably don't sell spray paint or have it locked up.

Some of our local Wal-Marts cannot sell firearms.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

shreadvector

Perhaps because of this:

"Wal-Mart stopped selling firearms in its California stores after an audit last year discovered more than 2,800 violations at five stores."

Reply to
NaCl

I'm certainly no Wal_mart apologist, as I think they are preditors to their suppliers. Quick way to lose operating income is to supply wal-mart. Many Asian firms fail due to being a Wally suppler.

but get this :

used to develop and implement a system to validate the age of ammunition buyers

Hum, they must not have driver's licenses or state IDs in California ?

Give my reguards to Diane.

Reply to
AlMax

Reply to
Dodo

Whoa...I didn't know that. I thought there was some kind of baro sensor that was made cheap by mass production. Thanks for the info.

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

More new stuff is on eHobbies.