pretty sure this isn't in the safety code...

Please take a moment out of your time and report this to eBay's customer service. This has got to be against one of their sales polices. I reported it as a prohibited weapon.

This has more potential to cause harm to sport rocketry than almost anything i have seen.

Al Gloer

Leave it to the Canadians! 8-) Len Bryan CAR 620 L3

Reply to
Len Bryan

Yeah, I thought so too. Funny to those of us in the know but pretty scary otherwise. I'll send an email too.

Len Bryan CAR 620 L3 TRA 10220 L2

Reply to
Len Bryan

It's gone already, what was it?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

It was a "shoulder mounted model rocket launcher." Kinda like a bazooka.

Seller claimed it was made by a Canadian company and designed to launch rockets horizontally (travelling ~400 feet) on 1/2 A's.

Just wonderful...

Reply to
NaCl

That sounds like something jerry published in crm years ago.

I'll see if I have a copy lying around.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

A Gnome fired horizontally from shoulder height will hit the ground about

30' from the person launching it.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Got one of them babies, huh Bob?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Nope. Just simple physics and RASP...

Shoulder height is about 5'. An object dropped from that height takes about half a second to hit the ground. RASP tells me that a Gnome will travel about 30' in the first half second.

Unless you have VERY high muzzle velocities, like a bazooka, you need a VERY accurate superelevation angle in order to actuallly hit a target.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I know, I was kidding.

Reply to