pretty sure this isn't in the safety code...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY87961498&category%67&rd=1

Please take a moment out of your time and report this to eBay's customer service. This has got to be against one of their sales polices. I reported it as a prohibited weapon.
This has more potential to cause harm to sport rocketry than almost anything i have seen.
Al

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY87961498&category%67&rd=1
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:14:28 -0400, "Al Gloer"

Yeah, I thought so too. Funny to those of us in the know but pretty scary otherwise. I'll send an email too.
Len Bryan CAR 620 L3 TRA 10220 L2
Al Gloer wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY87961498&category%67&rd=1
It's gone already, what was it?

It was a "shoulder mounted model rocket launcher." Kinda like a bazooka.
Seller claimed it was made by a Canadian company and designed to launch rockets horizontally (travelling ~400 feet) on 1/2 A's.
Just wonderful...
NaCl wrote:

That sounds like something jerry published in crm years ago.
I'll see if I have a copy lying around.

A Gnome fired horizontally from shoulder height will hit the ground about 30' from the person launching it.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Got one of them babies, huh Bob?

Nope. Just simple physics and RASP...
Shoulder height is about 5'. An object dropped from that height takes about half a second to hit the ground. RASP tells me that a Gnome will travel about 30' in the first half second.
Unless you have VERY high muzzle velocities, like a bazooka, you need a VERY accurate superelevation angle in order to actuallly hit a target.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I know, I was kidding.

African or European?
Dan Major wrote:

Capistrano
David Erbas-White
Dan Major wrote:

Heh, heh, heh.

laden or unladen?
Tater KC9ESF NAR #79654 L1 EAA #703312

European or African?
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759

Leave it to the Canadians! 8-) Len Bryan CAR 620 L3 <-- No, it's not in the CAR safety code either! TRA 10220 L2