Oh yeah, THIS is really good for the hobby...

It seems to have been puller already.

Mark

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

Not yet (you probably didn't correct for the link-wrap in Eldred's post).

Easier non-wrapped link

Reply to
bit eimer

That's wierd. I've heaard of ebay giving people a hard time about about relatively harmless things and then they allow stuff like that.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

This might shed a bit more light, Amazon reviews;

According to the reviews it's more of a twisted joke than anything.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

EldredP wrote:

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

I bought a copy for grins, and it is a well packaged joke ~ albeit in questionable taste.

Most of what he says you can't physically do. The rest is so absurd, only a true Darwin Award winner will try.

Reply to
Al Gloer

Hmmm, if that's true, maybe its a plant by the feds with the hope some terrorist-types will off themselves. ;^)

Reply to
bit eimer

auction desc (illegally copied w/o permission)

Item # C-9073 Don't settle for those lame model rocket kits available from the local hobby shop. By modifying and adapting the engines and rockets, it's possible to create short and medium range surface to surface and surface to air missiles for some serious fun! Everything you need to know is here, courtesy of the Dangerous Rocket Club: principles of operation, safety precautions, and improvised warhead and missile designs, all illustrated with clear plans and schematics. 51/2"x81/2", illustrated, soft cover

Reply to
tater schuld

Oh - I thought it was sort of like the Anarchist's Cookbook. Sorry for being Chicken Little... I'll go back to my corner now.

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

LOL!

I read some of the more in depth reviews and it *appears* that there is a certain amount fact involved. Never-the-less nothing to truly be too concerned about.

The Anarchist's Cookbook(my digital copy at least) is a bit of a joke in it's own self. Did you know they made a movie about that book? They did it pretty much in the same jest but there's still a decent joke or two in it.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Yeah, Right. Serious fun. The real fun happens when you hit the wing of that low-flying Cessna with an explosive tipped rocket, it bursts into flames, and spirals into the house where a family is sitting down to dinner. Then you can watch the news report that night and hear how many people were killed. Yeah. Really fun. Just one question...

Were these people born without brains, or did they have their brains surgically removed?

Sure... Freedom of speech and all that... But there are people stupid enough in this world to try this crap. Most of them will not succeed, but if only one successfully makes an explosive rocket, if it's your house that is hit, that's one too many...

James

> 1&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Reply to
James L. Marino

Probably planted by the CIA for some twisted Senate member to hold up in a press conference to claim we are all subversive. How is that for conspiracy theory?

<locprecision

Ebay deleted my listing for an Estes Saturn V new in the box unassembled because they said it contained pyrotechnic materials. They are such idiots.

Reply to
DH

press conference to claim we are all subversive. How is that for conspiracy theory?

Spookily plausible. I'd rather get them worrying about an iminant invasion from Oz. Along those same lines, has the government asked about the "Rocket Gods" and why ET wanted to contact you first instead of them? ;-)

Also thanks for the advice and input on Saturday! (with appropriate bowing and scraping from this lowly L1)

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Reply to
wickball

It would fly right though the wing before anything you put in it ever went off.

With that hole in the wing, that plane it would keep flying fine.

lots of scare, and it's been in print since 1992.

that books a scare monger and bad, but people getting worked up about it is just as bad.

Reply to
AlMax

well, if in a truly free society , would you want them to do anything about that book, even as bad as it is ? (I don't like the book myself)

However, that would be even worse. think about it. Fare-In-Height 451 it would be.

Lets pull the alarm box at the corner and watch the books burn !

librarians should not decide want books are on the shelf or should they ?

Reply to
AlMax

They do it every day. They have to -- there's not enough room for every book that's published.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Hey I thought Model Rockets were PERFECTLY safe and could never hurt a fly even if in the hands of terrorists like the ones that flew jet planes into the Twin Towers!?

According to Mark Bundict, NAR president, "model rockets could never be used as a weapon".

Hmmm now I am begining to wonder ...

Reply to
Word of Reason