1/35 WW2 Combat Dozers

This usually airplane-type modeler had his interest piqued by the article in the recent Military Miniatures In Review about the 1/35 scale WWII-era Cat Dozer by VLS/Construction Battalion. (Is that a run on sentence?)

But browsing the ads in MMiR -which is a pretty nice magazine, by the way- reveals the existence of another 1/35 "US Crawler Dozer" by Resicast.

I can only find a few fuzzy manufacturer's photos of the Resicast kit on-line. The Resicast kit is more expensive ($125 v. $99) than the VLS offering; can a kind tread head shed some light how they might stack up against one another?

Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Kevin Carroll wrote: : : I can only find a few fuzzy manufacturer's photos of the Resicast kit : on-line. The Resicast kit is more expensive ($125 v. $99) than the VLS : offering; can a kind tread head shed some light how they might stack up : against one another? : I have both. The Resicast instructions are better, but otherwise the casting quality of both look to be very good. The VLS kit has directions reminescent of MB Models and Verlinden: crayon drawings showing (sorta) where the parts go. The Resi- cast kit had photos, which never photocopy well. They are definitely not the same kit.

The last time I looked at the Resicast website, the D-7 w/the cable blade wasn't offered.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Thanks much, Bruce; I'll flip a coin.

Good to hear from you....ever start the Payhauler 350?

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll