1/48 Italeri A-20B

I just noticed that these are being offered. That's the first time in this scale, isn't it?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

AMT did one years ago, might even be AMT molds the way the travel these days.
Mad-Modeller wrote:

Ron Smith wrote:

The AMT kit (and the previous Italeri A-20 kit) are A-20Gs with the solid nose and the dorsal turret.
The new Italeri kit is the earlier "B" model with the glass nose and the open dorsal gunner position. Undoubtably it shares the bulk of its parts with the earlier Italeri A-20G kit.
SFAIK, this is the first time the early model of the A-20 has been kitted in an injection-molded kit. I've dim memories of a vacuform 1/48th a long time ago - Wings or Koster?
Cheers,
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:56:36 -0700, Bill Shatzer

The A-20G was the first version released by AMT, followed by an A-20B/C, an A-20J, and a P-70.

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
Great minds float along the same gutters.......;)
Al Superczynski wrote:

Hey! I resemble that remark... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
Bill Shatzer wrote:

Wrong, AMT did the A-20G, A-20B/C, A-20J and P-70. I have both a G and B/C downstairs.
Shows how much I know about 1/48th. ;]
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Ron Smith wrote:

Yep ,I got all four of them.I believe the Italeri kits are from the old AMT molds ,hopefully they have fixed the awful fishscale pattern on the tyres.
Kevin(Bluey)