1/48 Italeri A-20B

Reply to
Ron Smith

The AMT kit (and the previous Italeri A-20 kit) are A-20Gs with the solid nose and the dorsal turret.

The new Italeri kit is the earlier "B" model with the glass nose and the open dorsal gunner position. Undoubtably it shares the bulk of its parts with the earlier Italeri A-20G kit.

SFAIK, this is the first time the early model of the A-20 has been kitted in an injection-molded kit. I've dim memories of a vacuform

1/48th a long time ago - Wings or Koster?

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

I just noticed that these are being offered. That's the first time in this scale, isn't it?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The A-20G was the first version released by AMT, followed by an A-20B/C, an A-20J, and a P-70.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Wrong, AMT did the A-20G, A-20B/C, A-20J and P-70. I have both a G and B/C downstairs.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Reply to
Ron Smith

Hey! I resemble that remark... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Shows how much I know about 1/48th. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yep ,I got all four of them.I believe the Italeri kits are from the old AMT molds ,hopefully they have fixed the awful fishscale pattern on the tyres.

Kevin(Bluey)

Reply to
bluey69