1/72nd He162 'Salamander' question.

I've just screwed-up my Frog Salamander and I want another. OK, Frog Salamanders are a bit thin on the ground, but I have seen them in a Revell box (same Frog artwork and all). Now, Revell later released the He162 with an underslung Mistal doo-dad. I've no idea if the Frog kit was reused. Dragon appears to have the same kit on release. Does anyone know if it's the Frog tool or a different one?

Spudgun

Reply to
Spudgun

If you are asking the origin of the Revell Mistel do-dad, it's the Dragon, without the PE fret. If you're unaware of the origin of the Dragon kit, it's entirely unconnected to the Frog kit, very detailed, very intricate, fit of parts perhaps not 10%, engine can be built exposed (on a Mistel?).

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

I believe that the only previous release of the He162 in the Mistal format was the DML kit and the He162 in that release was diffenantly a DML kit. I suspect that the Revell kit is a repop of the DML. Could be wrong but we will see if anyone else wades in on this.

Mike

Reply to
MQM107

That should have read "fit of parts perhaps not 100%"... it's not THAT bad!

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

OK, I'm not interested in the mistal, just the Salamander. As I've said, there seems to be a 'linage' in the tooling. First comes the Frog kit. Then comes the Revell kit that uses the same box art. Then comes the Revell kit with the extra mistal. Then comes the Dragon kit that has the same description as the Revell + mistal kit. Considering that tooling gets sold to other companies, I'm just interested to know if the current Dragon kit has reused the old Frog Salamander tooling. If it has, I'll buy the Dragon kit as it's more available.

Spudgun

Reply to
Spudgun

No, the Dragon kit (actually kits, one on it's own, one with the Mistel) was first released on it's own under the Dragon label, THEN was reboxed (less the PE fret) by Revell, but has now been (re-)re-released by Dragon. It bears no resemblance to the vastly older and simpler (I won't comment on accuracy) Frog or Revell kits.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Gee guys, why is nobody mentioning the wonderful old Lindberg kit??

(ducking and running away quickly......)

Reply to
The Old Man

Confusingly, also available from Revell of Germany in the 80s........ Remove nospam to reply!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

I THOUGHT I had that one too but the 80s were so long ago and hard to remember :)

Reply to
eyeball