2004 modelling projects?

[snippex applied]

this MLU _may not_ be so speculative after all. i recall reading in the rag 'Combat Aviation' in the autumn of this year that the USAF is looking into the addition of a precision attack capability to F-15C/D's that are retained after the introduction of the F-22A [or should i say F/A-22A? as i think in the end the raptor will get some kind of attack role to].

there is a picture of an 18th TFW [as was} on the front of the 1/72 scale weapons set from hasegawa [that covered US cluster bombs] that was first released in the 1980's. this shows a F-15C with a loadout of M117's if i recall ok.

if you get this one done, i would go for something similiar to an F-15E, but paint it in the standard F-15D colors as they currently wear.

trevor

Reply to
87015

The USAF turned the F-104 into an attack plane. It's just inevitable that they will hang bombs on anything.

Reply to
Gary Kato

I think that the decision to call them F/A-22As was made quite awhile back and they are now given that designation.

Isn't that what ruined the Me 109 and the Me 262?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

At least you have a deadline....21/10/05 or is it 21/10/05.....

Reply to
David Amos

Actually, the Raptor HAS been officially redesignated F/A-22. Here just one bit of official evidence from the manufacturer:

Rufus

As I pointed out, it's already a done deal...was in the press awhile back.

Reply to
Rufus

As always, there's what I plan to build, and what I actually build. The one project I'd like to get on with is a collection of German flying boats. I've completed the Do 26 and BV 138. I've barely started the BV

222. That leaves the Do 24 and the Do 18, which are probably the two easiest of the quintet. However, I doubt I will even start both of those during 2004--not that I wouldn't like to, but life has a way of intervening, and I've always got other stuff going on.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Well, my plan is simply to build it OOB (yes, even using the totally inaccurate MERs...) and give it a more generic paint/decal scheme (I have the recent Gunship Gray wraparound reissue) -- although I'll probably steal a munition or two from the Tamiya "Bunker Buster" Mudhen that I'm getting from Squadron next year because I want to use the GE 30 mm gunned for another project.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

That should be "gun pod". @#$%in' Netscape 666 spellcheck... (*grumblegrumble*)

Reply to