A-7E weapon loads

Can anyone give me some insight into the common weapon loads for USN
A-7Es in the 1980s? I happen to have 8 Rockeyes and a couple of
Shrikes already painted and waiting in the spares box. Of course
there are also the kit-supplied Mk 82s and Mavericks. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Ed
Reply to
Modeler ET
Hi Ed, I'll share some of my experiences with A7Es.I was assigned to VA22 from 1984-1988 during my USN career.Our weapon load out were usually minimal while on Wespac.Most of the time the a/c took carried Mk76,the small blue 25lbs practice bombs.However, if we were tasked with an Alert 5,the load would be something like this:rockeyes on sta1&8,sta2&7 with a TER carrying a couple of Mk82s,a sidewinder on sta 5 with an Aero1 300 gal drop tank on sta3 and usually 500 rds of HEI for the M61 gun.Not totally "loaded for bear",but this how i remember it.Loads were quite similar when we were in the eastern Med,in the late 1970s.Hope this helps,Kelly Voyles
Reply to
Teresa Voyles
Funny you should ask:
"Gate Guard" at the former NAS Alameda photographed just last week.
Jay Beckman Chandler, AZ

Jay B
Could not connect to that site, multiple attempts.
|Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage | | Most likely causes: |You are not connected to the Internet. |The website is encountering problems. |There might be a typing error in the address. |
4 tries later - Finally got there but all the pictures/graphics were red "X". Nothing to see but a black screen and some text. Appears your server is having some issues today. Perhaps too many of us trying to take a look. Will try again later/tomorrow.
John Alger IPMS 10906 Charlotte Scale Modelers
Reply to
John
Works for me with Netscape 8, using the Firefox engine.
Reply to
willshak
Got it later.
Typical gate guard. Rockeyes would be more typical with the Shrikes as an "Iron Hand" strike load. However, probably not a lot of Rockeye cases laying around - MK-82's are a wee bit more common!
John Alger USN(ret) 1972-1997 // 1310,1320 TA-4J, A-7E, EC-130Q, P-3B
Reply to
John
Thanks everyone for the info.
Ed