A-7E weapon loads

Can anyone give me some insight into the common weapon loads for USN A-7Es in the 1980s? I happen to have 8 Rockeyes and a couple of Shrikes already painted and waiting in the spares box. Of course there are also the kit-supplied Mk 82s and Mavericks. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ed

Reply to
Modeler ET

Hi Ed, I'll share some of my experiences with A7Es.I was assigned to VA22 from 1984-1988 during my USN career.Our weapon load out were usually minimal while on Wespac.Most of the time the a/c took carried Mk76,the small blue

Reply to
Teresa Voyles

Funny you should ask:

"Gate Guard" at the former NAS Alameda photographed just last week.

Jay Beckman Chandler, AZ

Jay B

Could not connect to that site, multiple attempts.

|Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage | | Most likely causes: |You are not connected to the Internet. |The website is encountering problems. |There might be a typing error in the address. |

4 tries later - Finally got there but all the pictures/graphics were red "X". Nothing to see but a black screen and some text. Appears your server is having some issues today. Perhaps too many of us trying to take a look. Will try again later/tomorrow.

John Alger IPMS 10906 Charlotte Scale Modelers

Reply to
John

Works for me with Netscape 8, using the Firefox engine.

Reply to
willshak

Got it later.

Typical gate guard. Rockeyes would be more typical with the Shrikes as an "Iron Hand" strike load. However, probably not a lot of Rockeye cases laying around - MK-82's are a wee bit more common!

John Alger USN(ret)

1972-1997 // 1310,1320 TA-4J, A-7E, EC-130Q, P-3B
Reply to
John

Thanks everyone for the info.

Ed