Accurate Miniatures 1/48 Helldivers!

Check out the news on Cybermodeler Online

Michael Benolkin

I was excited momentarily. I thought it was going to be an SBC-3 Helldiver (Bi-plane)! Now thats something I want! It would complement their Grumman F3F's. Especially if they would utilize the snap in rigging like they did with the F3F! I would like more biplanes but I'm not into rigging.

To me the ProModeler SB2C I have is a fine re-production. There are too many other subjects out there that haven't been touched yet.

Reply to
ptbpilot

Same here! I would love to see some of the 1920/30 period U.S. Navy types. I have a 1/48 Curtiss SOC on the bench right now, vac-u-form from VAC-Wings 48. I guess when it is finished I will have to pester Mr. West for one of his catapaults to display it on.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Hey Bill,

I am looking at starting my Wings SOC also as soon as I receive the Yellow Wings decals from "Dive Bomber". What scheme are you doing?

With two of us building vacs there will certainly be a injection kit from someone any moment!!

Reply to
Wildcat

You guys know that Classic Airframes made a series of 1/48 SBC Helldivers? Curt

Curt

yes! I'm still waiting for a large scale Jenny. Such an important plane and its been ignored......

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Curt:

Yes, we know. But you can bet there will be a world of difference between a CA Helldiver and an AM Helldiver!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

How large? The 1/48 Lindberg kit is quite good.

Reply to
tomcervo

I'm with you guys. To me the twenties and thirties were the golden age, not just of military aircraft, but civil ones too. We need more civil kits- Stinsons, Beeches, etc.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

There is also a very large (I think it is 1:16 scale) Jenny, with LOADS of photo etch, metal castings, etc. But it is like $400! It is a Japanese company, forget which one.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

With the re-birth of Williams Brothers we can hope!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Shootin' for more 1/53rd gems?