Classic Airframes' 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiants

Check out the review on Cybermodeler Online

of the Mk.I and Mk.II versions of this interesting aircraft from Classic Airframes.

Reply to
Michael Benolkin

FWIW They must have caught some serious flack over their original issue kits to go to the trouble of making a whole new set of molds, if that is what they really did. I have one of the original kits and one of the later issue kits on the shelf downstairs. Guess I can give them to the kid down the street or donate them to the Church flea market. I understand they are also re-working their Fiat CR-42 kit to correct some errors there as well. I have one on the shelf with an Italian made resin correction set and the lower wings are quite different. Interesting thing about the CA Hawker Seahawk kit. I had the Falcon vac-u-form Seahawk to the decaling stage when CA announced their kits. I acquired a CA kit the other week and the breakdown of plastic parts is exactly the same as the Falcon vac kit. Coincidence?? Yeah!! And all the work I did to mask and spray those Suez black & Yellow stripes and those bums at CA go and include decals. Who said life had to be fair?

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

In another note, Classic was asked about the previous issue of this aircraft, a model they now acknowledge as being erroneous in shape and outline. When asked if Classic would accept exchanges, their spokeman had to picked up from the floor after he collapsed in laughter.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Well now what am I supposed to do witht he two earlier kit's of it I have ?

Reply to
AM

Don't throw away your old kit. I have the old Defiant as well and the photo-etch instrument panel w/acetate instruments will instantly be useful, plus the Sutton harness if you buy the Mk.I Defiant. Also, since the styrene canopy is one-piece, the vac transparencies will definitely be needed to open the cockpit up.

Reply to
Michael Benolkin