AFV Club Pak 43/41 AT Gun

Anyone build this kit yet ??

Look really nice, and beautifully well made :)

I plan on strting it in the next month. (getting a F 16, 190, and 109 done first)

Curious as to wonder if anyone has had problems gluing the gun shields together... (if you have the kit, youll know what I mean)

Azzz1588

Anyone build this kit yet ??

Look really nice, and beautifully well made :)

I plan on strting it in the next month. (getting a F 16, 190, and 109 done first)

Curious as to wonder if anyone has had problems gluing the gun shields together... (if you have the kit, youll know what I mean)

Azzz1588

Lovely kit, no real problems in assembly though you do need to think ahead when fitting some parts. Example - if you fit E22 in stage 1 it won't go through the gap int he assembed shields. No glue needed on my shields, by the way. I simply fixed the "bolts" into their holes in the back halve with superglue (they fall out if you don't do this) and the front shields snapped into place over them. I'm writing up a full building review for Boresight, the AMPS Journal. Study the instructions and think ahead and you should have no problems. Enjoy it!

Cheers

John

Reply to
JPrigent

No kidding !! To me simply stunning !! (thanx for the fast response :)

They look simple, but I did notice that they are very detailed. Thanx for the tip on part E 22 :) Interesting it needs counterweights (provided) in the trailing legs to balance the l...o...n...g... aluminum gun barrell. This is the first AFV Club kit I've ever tried. I have an M 10 in waiting.

Fortunately I have a book on german anti armour weapons, and have a few good pictures of the Pak 41/43

Azzz1588