Air: Colors of Zeroes, Kates, and Vals at Midway?

I've done a little web surfing, but haven't foudn an answer to this question:

What color should models of aircraft from the Japanese cariers at Midway be painted? Are they the same as the Pearl Harbor colors? (Info I have found on the web.)

I know that recent research says that IJN "Light Grey" is really more of a caramel color, and that that is the correct color for Pearl Harbor aircraft. Specifically, I'm thinking about doing a model of the Akagi in 1/144 scale (as an RC model) as she appeared at Midway, and I'm unsure as to how to do the air group.

TIA!

-Bill

Reply to
RC Boater

I don't know who you are 'PT', but thanks for the nice info. Have you had a chance to look at the new releases of Soryu and Hiryu in 1/700? Do you model ships as well as aircraft.... oh, and if aircraft, what scale :-)

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug