Airfix Canberra

Looking on another group, someone claims it may be cancelled due to lack of interest?!

Anyone?

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

That's news to me. AFAIK it's still on the burner. Apparently Classic Airframes is selling them as fast as they can make them, so I don't see the "lack of interest." Of course, Airfix may be thinking that CA beat them to the punch, so there may not be enough in it for them. Altho, if they're significantly cheaper than the CA kits they may still sell well.

snipped-for-privacy@AOL.com wrote:

Reply to
Don McIntyre

"Don McIntyre" wrote

As long as they're better kits than the much-awaited TSR-2...

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

"Don McIntyre" wrote in news:1152193794.083044.156220 @m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Absolutely. CA has gotten to rich for my blood and a I had a rather poor customer service experience with Jules. I'm definitely a customer for Airfix, especially if they do a B-57 so I could do a SEA camoed one. They're purty.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

If you want to do a B-57 in SEA camo then the Italeri / Testors B-57 is a nice kit. If I'm not mistaken Airfix is doing this one to replace the hacked up Canberra molds the destroyed to make the B-57.

Reply to
Mark M

Airfix is looking at 1/48th scale. Their 1/72nd scale B-57, IMHO, couldn't compare with Italeri's kit.

Mark M wrote:

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Details of the new Airfix kits can be found here:

John

Reply to
John Walker

Thanks Don, I didn't realize it was 1/48 since no one had mentioned scale.

Reply to
Mark M

It would be nice if Airfix could scale it down and release it in 1/72 as well. 30 quid for the High Planes model is a bit steep.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix